Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This... is sad...

My original statement, was unclear... My mind at that point was on the shooter. Sorry for the confusion. I too was in the military, and have a special place in my heart for those who serve. Knowing what he and others like him have done, and continue to do, gives me peace. To know he leaves his wife and children, makes me sad. Especially after retiring. And feeling safe himself. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

This soldier sounds like a titan and too bad he has been shot. I heard he totalled 150 kills and this was incredible, and I don't have doubts that he had saved many lives of his countrymen and also - don't forget, as they are equally important - innocent Iraqis. However, it is also a shame about the circumstances of the war that he was fighting in. I am not going to research right now, but am aware that tens and tens of thousands of Iraqis died in the wars in the Gulf, which is competely unnecessary and a much worse shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    Mental health is a huge concern in this country.
    I'm sure that's the same in most countries. What's a concern is people with mental health problems having easy accesss to guns.
    +1

A tragic and sad situation. It's shameful how little help our returning Soldiers receive and it's been that way for a very long time.
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

It was a lot worse coming back from 'Nam.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blobby View Post
    I'm sure that's the same in most countries. What's a concern is people with mental health problems having easy accesss to guns.
    I thought that went without saying.
    Jason

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    X's 100
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Yep. The reception in San Francisco was somewhat less than cordial.

My wife is related to Chad Littlefield... the other victim in this tragic story.
    "Meat, vegetables, a fish, an all-around kitchen knife including the bread. It is unsuitable for the thing which is too hard because a blade is thin." -Engrish