A different kind of chip repair I'm used too...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmadams13

Banned
Reaction score
Lent my 1303 to a co-worker, and came back like this. Not a normal chip, kinda like a bend. One side of the chip is smooth, but the other (side shown) is rough with sharp bits. Any suggestions besides taking down the whole edge to even it out without adding a upward sweep to the front of the cleaver? Thanks in advnace.

Joe

0MKVgB8.jpg

I'd flatten it out so it doesn't eat up your stones, and just let it work itself out with regular sharpening...

Duh... Brain fart on my end, lol. Worked great. Had to sharpen it anyways, so I just started lower grit than normal after flattening it out, and its about 80% worked out. Thanks for the fast response

Joe

It's not to bad. Decided to work a little more while some etching is going on.

55P4zGl.jpg

Only in a knife forum is the last post even somewhat normal. Kinda like when people ask what I got up to over the weekend and in there is, "well, I tested a few knives and a couple new shaving soaps, sharpened some knives and watched some sharpening videos on JKI".

There are probably bigger holes waiting for you as your sharpen your 1303 anyway, no big deal. Plus that is a "good" spot to have a small hole.

@Lefty, so true. On one of the cycling forums I'm on, it's the same thing, but chain lubing and saddle soap, lol.

It's not a bad spot to have the the hole, but I do do some slicing with this during service, and wanted to work it out as soon as possible, and I'm board, lol.

Back