On the bench

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
100_1308.jpg100_1304.jpg100_1305.jpg100_1306.jpg100_1307.jpg

All beauties Del. What's the length on that Nakiri? Is it spoken for?

That nakiri is so gorgeous man. People better be careful about putting their Ealys on the BST cuz Im prowlin :)

Awesome knives. I sent a pm about that first parer, hope its available.

I'm guessing that is buckeye on the nakiri, either way it goes great with the blade!

That's some really great pieces you've got there, Del!

100_1317.jpg100_1312.jpg100_1313.jpg100_1314.jpg100_1316.jpg

These are all sold, but as you can see, I have not been idle. :viking:

That damascus pattern is unreal. Craftmanship to the nth degree.

100_1330.jpg100_1331.jpg100_1332.jpg

Another busy couple of days.
Time to heat treat some blades, if you thought wrapping presents was bad, all of these have to be foil wrapped for heat treating.
Del

Looks like you'll be busy for a while.
It is going to be fun seeing them when they are finished.

Looks super sweet, you've got me lusting after a nakiri to go with the others I'm ordering, but I need to keep from getting too too carried away...

Phil

How many will you bring to the Badger show?

Del I love the handle on the bottom. Very western-ish. Is that the first one you've done like that?

Really nice, I am loving the parer I just got, but those make me want more. I like the look of the western handles

These Pictures just dont do justice to the handles . Del is making some of the most beautiful handles i ever seen out there .

Del I love the handle on the bottom. Very western-ish. Is that the first one you've done like that?

I only do westerns on request, this is only the second one, although I have another on the bench.
They are fun, but only once in awhile.
You guys have been keeping me so busy, I have had to start shopping for handle material again, in a big way.
I'm looking at table sized slabs of wood. I still have enough for a couple hundred handles, but the variety is decreasing.
This is harder than it may seem. I know you guys make a lot of positive comments about the handles I make, but selecting that material is a real challenge.
My dirty little secret is that I like to shop as much as most girls, so its fun too.
Del

I know I'm late to the party, but dang, the buckeye burl on that damascus parer's handle is awesome. It reminds me of smoke rising from a fire.

Back