custom rehandles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanel

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest to me someone that does western style rehandles?

Thanks in advance
Lane

Kalaeb aka Matt Stephans...

Thanks for the nod No Chop, unfortunately I don't make custom handles any more. We have a baby due in about 2 weeks, and right after that I have the next 8 months of travel lined up for work. Hopefully when things calm down I can devote more time to knives and sign up for a vendor, but until then its just changing diapers and surfing kkf at the airport.

Congratulations Matt,
Sleep now while you can!

Congrats on the baby to be. I'm not sure if he would be interested but he is in Michigan, so you could potentially talk to Randy (HHH Knives) to do rehandle your western if you like his work. He makes some pretty nice westerns.

is it possible to put a wa handle on a yo knife? would be interested in a basic wa rehandle on masamoto vg gyuto, it's too handle heavy in stock form.
It is very possible and has been done a lot. Forum member and Pro craftsman mhenry is on a mission to rid the world of all yo/western handles......
.....oh, and he's very good at it too.

cool, does he do work for others or only for himself as a hobby? after giving some thought, if i were to rehandle the masamoto i'd want to put mac pro handle on it, lol. and ive been wanting to try a semistainless so perhaps a carbonext turned into a wa.

Back