Hello from DC area

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

A little over a year ago I was bitten by the good knife bug. At least "good" by my standards--I know a lot of people on here have some incredible knives.

Just curious--anyone else in the Washington, DC, area?

Todd

Montgomery County here - work downtown every day. Welcome to the forum fellow DMV member!

you should have. Two people that like knives, good food, and the Minnesota Vikings in one room? What can go wrong?

Other than QB Christian Ponder sucking it up...nothing.

There is a chance I will be moving back in the area in the next couple of years. The job search right now is in Minneapolis, DC area, and Portland ME.

k.

A&S's shrimp and grits is as close to an IPR as you can get.

Their house-made charcuterie platters are awesome, especially w/ the grilled bread.

Desserts are different, and really good.

whats IPR?

Our charcuterie is real good. Got a couple hog legs hanging since last year. Some chorizos, pepperone, coppas, lomo, guanciale. A fair amount of duck rillette, pork pates.

We're closed for renovations right now, reopening on the 19th with a new menu. Our dishes change fairly often based on whats good from the farmers we're working with. The round I'm looking forward to a braised short rib served with a split marrow bone. A confit duck cassoulet w/ toulouse sausage, and a sunny side up duck egg w/ a pig head croquette.

Tkern might need to stop by for any or all of those new dishes! Sounds amazing. Time off during renovations?

Great to know so many members in the hood.

Travis, you old panty remover...see you soon buddy! I bought 2 knives while I've been here, not great for the finances.

well well well... mdkraus13. legend says that when he pops his head out there is six more years of knife buying.
I had not heard that...i think i'd need to sell it to finance six more years!

Latest posts

Back