What's your favorite recipe to test drive a new knife?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything and everything for a week straight. Find out it's strengths and weaknesses.

Usually I like to make a few big batches of soup for the restaurant. Chowders, hearty veg ect

onions, potatoes, carrots, peppers.. so soups, stews, salads

Anything with mirepoix, chiffonade on herbs, garlic shaved like Paulie's, root vegetables and raw proteins. Then I like to see how they carve.

tomato beef stew for me. you can do tomato test first. then, mince herbs + cut many hard root vegetables and raw proteins!

Fruit salad...lots of different textures and contrasts between the skin + the interior....plus my wife loves fruit salad, so bonus! All the acids/sugars help with understanding your new carbon too.

Fruit salad...lots of different textures and contrasts between the skin + the interior....plus my wife loves fruit salad, so bonus! All the acids/sugars help with understanding your new carbon too.

Was thinking this too.

Soups mostly, salads second. I like testing knives out on really big jicama too. It is like an apple with some potato stickiness to it.

k.

And K, it tastes awesome....

I usually do a stir-fry, with lots of onions and peppers and ginger. Then I'll hit the potatoes and other harder veg. Then I take it to work and just use the crap out of it

Put my Hiro AS 270 to work on a pot of chili today. It sliced, it diced, it crushed, it minced - damn this is a nice knife!!

chili3_zpsf3e063ed.jpg

3 lbs sirloin
large onion
2 red peppers
5 cloves garlic
Qt. beef stock
my MoTone Road Salt
black & white pepper
hungarian paprika
cumin
2 Tbs pancake mix
6 dried chilies - (Ancho, Guajilla & Arbol) - seeded, pan toasted and ground
bouquet garni of sliced carrot and celery
black beans, small red chili beans and white hominy

It's freaking delicious :hungry:

I forgot to add the 15 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes I reduced to a paste. Nice flavor that -

I've seen handles burned like that a few times. I'm not even going to comment on the beans....:eyebrow:

What - you got bean issues? :lol2: :justkidding:

Broke me Honesuki in couple weeks ago, One whole Veal,20 pheasants, 30 rabbits, case of chic and in one weekend.

Back