210 Durable Petty/Suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JanusInTheGarden

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Was hoping for a bit of info on durable 210 petty/sujis to use a service knife. I'm looking for one that if the $#!^ hits the fan and something needs to get boned, it won't look as beat up as Rhianna after date night (too soon?). I'd still like it to be a good little knife for slicing and such, just not too anorexic that the edge is a smidge tender--unless you think a konosuke hd could hold up to that particular task.

Thanks for the info!

I'll look into the hiro. 210 may not be ideal but the concept is that I would only have the one knife available. Its primary use would be general purpose service knife with the potential to do a wide variety of tasks.

I'll look into the hiro. 210 may not be ideal but the concept is that I would only have the one knife available. Its primary use would be general purpose service knife with the potential to do a wide variety of tasks.
i used konosuke and tojiro 210 pettys as line knives in the past and got by just fine. i wish i wouldve known about that hiromoto sooner. its on my short list.

210 mm petty / suji's are great for line knives. you get enough length but doesn't take up much space.

Lol so its hard to deburr and it has some microchipping problems. Thinking I'm going to keep looking around then. Steven, how's that sakai yusuke petty working out for you?

Lol so its hard to deburr and it has some microchipping problems.
Exactly one user has reported these issues and this very same one afterwards suspects a wire edge to be the cause of his troubles. I've sharpened a few times a Hiromoto G3 and didn't notice anything special about it, besides that it's quite easy sharpening. Neither have I seen other reports in this sense.
This to put this single report somewhat into perspective.

I really like the Sakai Yusuke though I don't really use mine any more because I replaced it with a custom. I can try and take a few photos if you'd like later.

I bought the gesshin ginga 210 petty and so far i'm loving it :D

Back