Anyone here score this?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
$T2eC16F,!yME9s5qF!QWBRBUfGiQqQ~~60_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mea...E962G9De1j3%2FdnYCzII%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

No. But I have noticed that the price of Forgecrafts has gone up considerably lately over on the 'Bay. And I'm pretty sure it's all Son's fault...

That looks to me like they got a stone cold bargain, and I know precious little about knives. Any idea what it is [further than a 165mm carbon deba] and what it is really worth, Dave?

I saw it and I do blame myself for the forgecrafts, I can't even afford to buy them myself anymore. I saw one the other day go for $85 on the bay.

Especially the mint chefs knives...seems like slicers and butchers can still be had reasonably.

Glad I'm not the only one typing in words like * carbon, *vintage, *chef knife, *cleaver, etc....lol

I was thinking about it, but I don't need another project.

I still tease myself every couple of weeks but I have cut back on that since running up 4 sab slicers / parings in one week. It is getting hard to justify the increase in the knife block to the wife and I have a Marko and Mario in the works. My goal is to start checking out the yard sales once it gets warm.

I hear ya - I get the stink eye every time a box gets delivered lately. :laugh:

I need to make some disappear soon I'm running out of ways to justify having three 10" Forgecrafts and a couple of 12s. And I have a Yoshihiro 270 gyuto on the way. :butbutbut:

That looks to me like they got a stone cold bargain, and I know precious little about knives. Any idea what it is [further than a 165mm carbon deba] and what it is really worth, Dave?

I don't know what it's worth. It caught my eye on a related search and at the $20(ish) bid point it was at made me take notice and save it for reference.

Yeah Son sure screwed the Forgecraft market up real good. :biggrin:

Tell me about it! Four months ago I snagged a NOS cleaver and chefs, along with a used paring and slicer(as a lot), for $85 including shipping! Now the 10 inch chefs are pushing that much...

I found one like that covered in rust,cleaning a house & some other Hand forged blades.The small Deba I have has deep Urashi & visible hammer marks as well.If you are lucky at the swapmeet here,you can score old carbon blades for dirt cheap.

Seeing this thread,maybe see what Steph. has that I can put on this small 5.75" blade.I like the feel of this small Deba.

Back