That's not me on Ebay - and Why I am Slow with special requests

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
If any of you buy handle material on ebay from It's a Burl,......that's not me.
The wood is coming from here but it is not me selecting and selling it.
When I am cutting handle material for my web store there is quite a bit that is not used by me.
Those pieces go into bins here for sale to walk in customers and non knife makers.
Some of the wood that I reject, other people think it is great.
There is rarely a time that a knife maker comes here and does not fill a box full of pieces from the bins.
The point that I am trying to make is that a lot of it is good wood, just not what I choose to be selling.

Why I am slow with special requests
Some of you from here and elsewhere have made special requests for items not in my web store or just for additional photos and such.
You have probably found me to be a bit slow. Some have even become frustrated with me.
I am running the handle material as a one man show. Currently I work at this seven days a week from the time I am fully awake until I am too tired to do more and go home.
My feeling is that the web store takes first priority over everything. Items purchased through the store get dealt with first because they are already paid for and I owe the customer to deliver as promised. Anything else comes after my responsibilities have been fulfilled.
Sometimes the requests are for something simple and not very time consuming. But they still have to wait their turn.
I have a hard time saying no so I hope you all will bear with me if you ask for any special requests. I will do my best.

What a whiney Biotch!
I just had a great idea of what you could do with that banana, you crazy monkey.
BTW: who ever heard of a monkey being raised by donkeys anyways. Sounds kind if fishy to me.

I was actually trying to be nice and offer an explanation to everyone else.
with the exception of the crazy monkey and the tattooed freak
:shocked3:

Hahahahahaha, you know we love you Mark. I understand special requests take time...but i will enjoy the hell out of harrassing you until said request is filled ;) but really...we still love you

Mark, I've "used your stuff" 3 times that I can think of, and I've been nothing but impressed with the product, and conversations on the phone (admittedly they were a while back, now).

As for running a one man show, on top the rest of your regular work and life, again...I get it! I'd say you are honestly one of the best and most enthusiastic vendors I know.

So, does this mean I have to wait a bit longer for you to source my spalted Liger femur?

Back