Dentoukougeishi Sharpener Visiting Korin: March 3rd

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
Shigehiro Kasahara is a professional kitchen knife craftsman who is certified as a Master of Japanese Traditional Crafts (dentoukougeishi) for blade grinding and sharpening by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry. He has participated in competitions and has won several awards including All Japan Knife Show in 1993, Sakai Blades
International Design Competition in 1996, Kinki/Chugoku/Shikoku Traditional Craft Fair in 2006.

He will be visiting New York for the first time and will be holding a demonstration at Korin on March 2rd.

It is a free event from 2pm to 5pm.

There will be a promotional in-store sale during this time. What promotion has not been confirmed.

If you can make, we would love to see you there. :)

I'm definitely going to try to be there.

Any chance at a second demo on Sunday for folks working Saturdays!? Please!?

I look forward to seeing you there and meeting you in person! :D

The title says March 3rd but in the body it says the 2nd. Which day will this be so I can plan accordingly?

2nd. Sorry typo and by the time I noticed it was too late to edit. D:

Finalized details of the event!

Place: Korin Showroom
Date & Time: March 2, 2pm to 5pm
3 Hour In-store Promotion: 15% off Knives (excluding Glestain) only during hours of the event.
In-store Raffle: #8000 Grit Kitayama Fine Stone!

Looks like I'm working that night!! Maybe I'll stop by in the next day or so after the food show and say hi.

Damn my jet is in the shop that day. Well every day of my life so. Have a great show Mari, sounds like a great time.

Latest posts

Back