Snakewood Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Last year I bought a log section of snakewood from one of the knife makers on the knife forums. He had a log section that had been in his shop for a number of years and decided to sell it as a whole section instead of cutting it up. I was able to get these 6 good solid blocks and lots of waste. I learned that cutting snakewood is like cutting ironwood. Not something I will be doing again. I left the blocks sitting in my shop for several months so I could watch it to make sure they would not have any cracking or movement. Turns out it was good old dry stuff and there was no movement. These 6 blocks are priced to make me break even after what I paid for the log section and shipping. I used some of the cut off waste pieces and made some chopsticks with this wood. A little thin CA glue when I saw any hairline checks, but other than that it was fairly easy to work with and finished up beautifully. This is natural wood, it has not been chemically stabilized.

These 6 blocks have been added to our web store in the Natural Hardwood Blocks Section.
If you go to the store, go to the bottom of the page or click on the Snakewood link.

Or you can just click on the photo. If you get an item not found message that will mean they are all gone.

A note to all of our Repeat Customers
There are no longer any discount codes for repeat customers. Last year forum members and repeat customers could get a discount by entering a promotional code during checkout.
At year end when we ran financial reports we found that over 90% of the purchases were being made by repeat customers. So we decided instead of making you enter a special code, we just lowered the prices on everything instead. Also, now with any larger orders the store software automatically gives a 7% discount on orders over $200. You don't have to do anything extra. The software does it for you.

We have recently ended Free International Shipping because of the postal rate increases.
Now International Shipping is $10 per item. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The 3 best ones went away last night. All to forum members here.
Thanks Guys

Latest posts

Back