Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So who copied who?

Congrats to Jay. I'm jealous that they haven't copied my stuff.

Hoss

I wonde what the Pakistani guys could pull off with real steel an designs. The work looks great, for what it is....
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I wonde what the Pakistani guys could pull off with real steel an designs. The work looks great, for what it is....
    I used to be on an off roader forum and there was a group of guys from Pakistan that would post work from their shop. All they basically had was an oxy acetylene torch and hand tools like hammers and such. They loved old FJ cruisers, but couldn't afford them. So they would take the bodies off Jeeps and just make all new sheetmetal so it looked just like an FJ. And they made everything, trim, door handles, little bits and pieces, everything. And it looked great. Better than some of the work other shops were cranking out with all the cool tools you could ever want.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Cool, maybe Mr Fisher is only doing rehandles, add him to our list

Stefan

If Jay kept his knives simple, they'd be pretty killer.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinT View Post
    Congrats to Jay. I'm jealous that they haven't copied my stuff.

Hoss
    Just make a few minor changes, Hoss, like this:

That's a good one Rick.

And Dave, first of all those first two knives are no where near the same. One has 23 holes and the other has 22. Completely different.

Btw, I know in Indonesia, expats will regularly take take pictures of furniture from catalogs or magazines and the woodworkers there will replicate it. I've heard the same thing happening with shoes in the Philippines. It could be that some expat or soldier in Pakistan asked the person to copy his knives, and now he reproduces them for eBay.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I've heard the same thing happening with shoes in the Philippines. It could be that some expat or soldier in Pakistan asked the person to copy his knives, and now he reproduces them for eBay.
    the philippines thing is usually a bunch of chinese business owners taking advantage of the skilled workers that my country has and copying other people's work and passing them off as the real thing.

I can't wait until people actually start asking about the DT gyuto with holes in it. Haha. Nice!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

The DT has alot of material left for some more holes, just look at the tip and heel... would be easy to fit 10-15 holes in there.
    [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][I]-"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"[/I][/FONT]