So who copied who?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Every time someone posts a Jay Fisher chef's knife I see Pakistani knife in my mind, they just have that look. So I'm surfing ebay and come across something that blows my mind.....

Pakistan Ebay Special.....
$39.99

$T2eC16ZHJHgE9n0yG+fMBQ9DlNzlOw~~60_57.JPG

Jay Fisher Custom chef's knife....
$

FOSaussureArgentinaAgate2.jpg

:D

I must have one!!!
Does the Pakistani one feature a Coprolite handle too?
I think if you play connect-the-dots with the holes, it's a picture of a penis!

apart from the question, how are those blades practical?
Or are they for decoration only?

:rofl2:Wow ! buy a hundred of each and dump them on the market put some story behind it
The forging process is so precision only a true master can create those holes
The more holes the better the knife .
only $129 and free sharpening tips .

So are what you're saying is that jay is Pakistani?....ryan

Congrats to Jay. I'm jealous that they haven't copied my stuff.

Hoss

I wonde what the Pakistani guys could pull off with real steel an designs. The work looks great, for what it is....

I wonde what the Pakistani guys could pull off with real steel an designs. The work looks great, for what it is....

I used to be on an off roader forum and there was a group of guys from Pakistan that would post work from their shop. All they basically had was an oxy acetylene torch and hand tools like hammers and such. They loved old FJ cruisers, but couldn't afford them. So they would take the bodies off Jeeps and just make all new sheetmetal so it looked just like an FJ. And they made everything, trim, door handles, little bits and pieces, everything. And it looked great. Better than some of the work other shops were cranking out with all the cool tools you could ever want.

Cool, maybe Mr Fisher is only doing rehandles, add him to our list :)

Stefan

That's a good one Rick.

And Dave, first of all those first two knives are no where near the same. One has 23 holes and the other has 22. Completely different.

Btw, I know in Indonesia, expats will regularly take take pictures of furniture from catalogs or magazines and the woodworkers there will replicate it. I've heard the same thing happening with shoes in the Philippines. It could be that some expat or soldier in Pakistan asked the person to copy his knives, and now he reproduces them for eBay.

k.

I've heard the same thing happening with shoes in the Philippines. It could be that some expat or soldier in Pakistan asked the person to copy his knives, and now he reproduces them for eBay.

the philippines thing is usually a bunch of chinese business owners taking advantage of the skilled workers that my country has and copying other people's work and passing them off as the real thing.

I can't wait until people actually start asking about the DT gyuto with holes in it. Haha. Nice!

The DT has alot of material left for some more holes, just look at the tip and heel... would be easy to fit 10-15 holes in there.

Do the holes serve any purpose? Is it to prevent ingredients from sticking and does it actually work?

Whatever both the makers are taking, I want some. **** is a trip.

Has anybody actually used one of these? Not meant in a snide "...why would we make fun of something like this sort of way..." at all. They look ridiculous as working knives...but has anybody actually used one?

Jay is a very good knife maker and his work is very clean. Stone handles are heavy but very beautiful. Jay's knives are more art knives than working knives IMO. I like his stuff but would never use it in the kitchen.

Hoss

Back