Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mind of a Chef

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    That sucks Son. I guess nice guys finish last-as usual.
    It's still a good show......
    ......but if I ever meet "the Chang" I'll give him a swift kick to the gnad's from you!
    A lot of the chefs I've worked with that were really brilliant also had enormous demons and quite a few skeletons.
    Pobody's Nerfect.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xclIy6HLpnw

The guy definitely deserves a "Nut Shot" with a "You know why!" as you walk away

Hey, The one thing I don't begrudge him is his success. He made it and that's fine. Go to his restaurant, eat the food. He didn't make it other people did like Matt. My issue is on a personal level, not a business one. I think there should be more successes like Momofuku. If his success gets people thinking about food and what can be done with it, good for him. I just won't be going there. I guess I really don't hate the guy he just really disappointed me as a person and a fellow chef and to me that is a whole lot worse. I can respect a person I hate but, I have no respect for him.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

That last statement just shows you are a good person Son. We all steady respect you, and this is just one more reason why. No shame in being the better person in situations like that
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ucmd View Post
    wow, not taking any business his way next time i'm in new york. scratching momofuku off the list.
    x2
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Damn Son. I don't think I could forgive something like that. I wouldn't wrap myself up with hating him though (sounds like you didn't do that either)...but that's just not acceptable or forgiveable.

I've never heard of him or his place before...I'll make sure I steer clear of his place though. there are too many other people doing good work and also being decent people that I could give money to.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Damn Son, not the first time I heard of chefs doing that. Also I have met a few people that made it to the city before they got the call. A few I worked with had no business even being on the phone with a chef. Any way, I plan on trying his place if I ever make it to Nyc, along with others. It is just sad when you hear about it happening to someone you like.
    Chewie's the man.

No one makes it through life wt. out feeling used & abused.Anger may fuel the fires short term,blame game,but not long term.Look at diff. old persons some are open & alive while other's are closed, angry,pissed off,& now your old too.Both went thru **** in their lives.

A Suisin Inox Western,shows they have knife awareness,it is not fancy,a capable workhorse blade at a fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    lost my girlfriend because, she didn't want to go with me.
    So Son, I have two questions for you, assuming the experience wasn't too painful.

1. How attractive was this girlfriend you left behind for this "wonderful" opportunity?

2. Did you get back with her after the situation blew up?

Keep in mind your answers will forever alter my opinion and respect for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Doom View Post
    So Son, I have two questions for you, assuming the experience wasn't too painful.

1. How attractive was this girlfriend you left behind for this "wonderful" opportunity?

2. Did you get back with her after the situation blew up?

Keep in mind your answers will forever alter my opinion and respect for you.
    well considering his location is still NYC (as per his profile), I assume he didn't go back. Granted I have no idea where you started so im just using my "end of nightshift" rambling brain lol