270 mm misono swedish suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbone

Reaction score
I have wanted to but a slicer type knife for some time now and have heard great things about the misono swedish line and was wondering if there were other knives out there i should consider. i found a few online for about $200 and will probably pick it up unless convinces otherwise.
anyone out there that have one that can vouch for it? i am willing to spend up to $400 for an exceptional one, any suggestions? preferably 270mm, thin-ish, not too flexible, open to any style handle and carbon

a lot of guys i work with use the swedish line and have recommended them to me.. weight is good.. really a question of if you like the geometry or not?

I have wanted to but a slicer type knife for some time now and have heard great things about the misono swedish line and was wondering if there were other knives out there i should consider. i found a few online for about $200 and will probably pick it up unless convinces otherwise.
anyone out there that have one that can vouch for it? i am willing to spend up to $400 for an exceptional one, any suggestions? preferably 270mm, thin-ish, not too flexible, open to any style handle and carbon

From Japanese Knife Imports, the Gesshin Ginga is within your price range; the Gengetsu is just above your price range.

I've used the gyutos from both of these lines and they're excellent cutters.

Love the Swedish misono. Great geometry, f+f and takes a great edge with great patina. I used my gyuto on the line for like 4 years and its still standing, a little pitted and beaten but still standing.

I love the Swedish steel line from Misono. I have a gyuto and a petty which have both been reliable and wicked sharp. The steel is quite reactive but has never bothered me much. They are also very easy to sharpen. I think that for the price point you cannot go wrong.

+1
Sharpening Misono's Swedish Carbon is a special pleasure. It's by far the easiest I know. Even faster than German 1095 by Herder or French XC75.

faster than white no.2? how long does it hold its edge? any information on heat treatment?

+another. The dragons are great knives. Excellent balance, takes a good edge, develops a pretty rad patina over time, and it has a dragon on it. A dragon. I wouldn't say it sharpens faster than all white #2 but it can be close. I've found white #2 to hold an edge a bit longer.

Back