Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Hartford, CT

Welcome aboard Ed!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Greetings!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    I don't think welcome message are frivolous. Many folks join a new forum with a little trepidation and a hearty welcome message takes less than thirty seconds and puts people at ease....So a hearty welcome, Ed.

Welcome! I agree with bikehunter: I felt (and still feel) a little uneasy joinng because I know so little compared to many on this forum, but everyone here has been very nice and forthcoming with info for a newbie, even in the face of my sometimes foolish and ignorant questions. the only way to learn is to ask those who know. Great forum, you're in the right place!
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

Good to have you on here! I'm also new, and am somewhat intimidated by the vast knowledge here (that's more a statement about me than the members here---people are quite welcoming and helpful). Most of the time, I don't have a lot to contribute, but I'm learning.

Quote Originally Posted by toddnmd View Post
    Good to have you on here! I'm also new, and am somewhat intimidated by the vast knowledge here (that's more a statement about me than the members here---people are quite welcoming and helpful). Most of the time, I don't have a lot to contribute, but I'm learning.
    I know the feeling. I joined about nine months ago and felt the same way. But as you look at the various threads and start to voice your opinions ( which are typically met with understanding or wry humor) you'll start to feel at home. The forum members here are truly a family and are warm and welcoming. No such thing as stupid questions. It's sometimes helpful to do searches for past threads that address specific issues. The archives here are like an encyclopedia of kitchen knife knowledge and lore. Relax and enjoy. You've come to the right place.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Welcome aboard Ed - There is a wealth of knowledge here and everyone is happy to share, or at least opine as the case may be. 2 cents here, 2 cents there - it adds up pretty fast.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Don't get me wrong. This is a very friendly,helpful forum. Head and shoulders above many. I just don't think it's a waste of time to welcome newcomers from the get go and try to make them feel as comfortable as possible.

welcome!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Welcome.