Hello from Hartford, CT

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bethlum

Reaction score
Greetings Everyone,

I've been cooking professionally for close to 8 years in Hartford, CT and have become increasingly more interested in quality Japanese knives. A friend of mine recommended this forum as the best place to learn about & connect with others on the same topic. Since I randomly have the day off thanks to todays blizzard, I figured today is a good day to get started on the forum.

-Ed

I don't usually take the time to post frivolous welcome messages but for you, I will make an exception. Welcome, Ed! :thumbsup:

Hey Bethlum, welcome. I think one of our other members is from Hartford, CT: JohnnyChance.

I don't think welcome message are frivolous. Many folks join a new forum with a little trepidation and a hearty welcome message takes less than thirty seconds and puts people at ease....So a hearty welcome, Ed.

Welcome! I agree with bikehunter: I felt (and still feel) a little uneasy joinng because I know so little compared to many on this forum, but everyone here has been very nice and forthcoming with info for a newbie, even in the face of my sometimes foolish and ignorant questions. the only way to learn is to ask those who know. Great forum, you're in the right place!

Good to have you on here! I'm also new, and am somewhat intimidated by the vast knowledge here (that's more a statement about me than the members here---people are quite welcoming and helpful). Most of the time, I don't have a lot to contribute, but I'm learning.

Good to have you on here! I'm also new, and am somewhat intimidated by the vast knowledge here (that's more a statement about me than the members here---people are quite welcoming and helpful). Most of the time, I don't have a lot to contribute, but I'm learning.

I know the feeling. I joined about nine months ago and felt the same way. But as you look at the various threads and start to voice your opinions ( which are typically met with understanding or wry humor) you'll start to feel at home. The forum members here are truly a family and are warm and welcoming. No such thing as stupid questions. It's sometimes helpful to do searches for past threads that address specific issues. The archives here are like an encyclopedia of kitchen knife knowledge and lore. Relax and enjoy. You've come to the right place.

Welcome aboard Ed - There is a wealth of knowledge here and everyone is happy to share, or at least opine as the case may be. 2 cents here, 2 cents there - it adds up pretty fast. :lol2:

Don't get me wrong. This is a very friendly,helpful forum. Head and shoulders above many. I just don't think it's a waste of time to welcome newcomers from the get go and try to make them feel as comfortable as possible.

Latest posts

Back