Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bad. Experience with Metal Master

My Bad. Experience with Metal Master

So earlier this month I dropped and chipped a friends nakiri. I decided to replace it with a new one and found a great deal on a Tanaka Blue 2 Nakiri on Metal Master's website (http://www.metalmaster-ww.com/). Buts it's now been about half a month and I haven't even seen a confirmation email. So I started to get a little worried I decided to shoot him a email that paypal provided....turns out that email is a dud and came back as a error. So I emailed Metal Master through this website multiple times with no avail! So at this point I'm just assuming he doesn't intend to ship anything and I'm going to have to cancel the charge on my credit card.

long story short, Don't buy from Metal Master...Very disappointed!

I think they're just slow...PayPal has you covered but I'd let them make contact with MM.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Sorry to hear about your issue, but it would be great if you would edit your thread title and instead just indicate you had a bad experience with them. Many here have had positive experiences. Thread titles like this one should frankly be banned.

Doesn't help you much but I have purchased several times from MM and it has always worked fine. I'm sure they will do you good.

ive purchased there as well, and while i understand your concerns, ive always received my items. they just dont communicate at all and are pretty slow.

Any kind of site search here would have found that most are satisfied with Metal Master's service. Recurring themes are good values on knives and stones, AND slow delivery, especially if not upgraded shipping AND zero or almost zero communication from the seller.

I can appreciate your frustration but it seems the experience is not unpredictable. Very tacky title.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...m-Metal-Master

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...a-Metal-Master
    Older and wider..

Same boat here. I purchased a stone 3 weeks ago and there's no word from them. Not really worried but kinda annoyed on lack of communication

Yeah super bad communication was my experience as well

I ordered a Santoku last year, but apparently they didn't have it on stock but the order went through anyway. Took them a month of multiple emails to find out that he doesn't have the knife and won't be shipping it until another month later. Anyway I wait another month, still nothing, took me another couple of emails for them to reply that they still don't have it on stock. All in all it took 3.5 months for the knife to get to me and multiple ignored emails.

However, I ordered another item this year and it got to me fine with no problems.

All in all I would still order for them again lol, they have the best price for Tanakas, and it will eventually get to me I guess I just can't expect any good communications or delivery on time

I might not disagree with the thread title. I have Zero experience w/ MM but I am a HUGE stickler with customer service. It's paramount in my line of work and it's just ingrained in me. If I don't receive good customer service, and this includes good communication, I become very turned off over the whole experience. I don't always talk about "bad dealings" here but I've had a few.
    I think if we continue to shelter those who offer poor service, they'll most likely continue delling out piss poor service. But if we speak about it openly, without others making it difficult, these vendors might think twice before ignoring communication or dragging their feet on delivery times. That's just my less-then-2-cents soap box speech.

There's been a few times I've sold something here and majorly dropped the ball on getting it to the post office in a timely manner. Yet I've always communicated this with the buyers, offering profound apologies and a couple times forked over the extra cash to expedite shipping. But that's just how I conduct myself. Can't expect everybody to be perfect...

He's slow but I've received everything I've ordered from him.