• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 270-300 suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbob

Reaction score
Am on the hunt for a good suji under $400. Am interested in Watanabe, Takeda, Masakage Koishi, Konosuke. Am open to others. That Yoshi sld dammy maxim is selling seems like a great deal.... been very close to pulling the trigger on it a few times but thought id try here first. Thanks!
P.S. Have near new 150mm hattori fh petty and brand new in box mac ulitmate slicer for trade or sale also...

You'd be surprised how affordably you can get a Rodrigue, Harner or others on this site (Mikey Davis, yup Mikey...Mario, the usual suspects).

Likely not as far off as you'd think. :D

jimbob, IMO, grab Maxim's SLD suji while you can. brand new yoshikane sld Damascus with 30% off that is great deal! I have used Watanabe, Takeda, Masakage Koishi, Konosuke and yoshikane SLD Damascus is still my favor one! custom knife are nice but they cost from ~$500 to ~$1500 and require 3~12 months waiting time....however,you can always re-handle yoshi SLD later-on for kill custom looking! my favor gyuto is Japanese steel with custom handle..cut nice, great look, cost less & best of all no looooooooong waiting time!! my :2cents:

Damn it, what was I thinking that was going to wait around for me! Oh well, on a positive note one less to consider!

Under $400? That's very tough...but under $500, or so, you open up a lot of options.

Antbanks has a kikuichi for sale now with a Marr handle. I had one of these a while back and really enjoyedit.

Maxim came through with one more yoshikane sld dammy suji. Couldn't resist. Trying to conjure a nice handle for Stefan to make now. Was a hard decision between that and a kato 270 suji, both were good deals. Ended up choosing yoshikane for ease of care and sharpening. ( and the purdy Damascus). Ill wait till I'm a better sharpener before I venture into kato and shig land

Maxim came through with one more yoshikane sld dammy suji. Couldn't resist. Trying to conjure a nice handle for Stefan to make now. Was a hard decision between that and a kato 270 suji, both were good deals. Ended up choosing yoshikane for ease of care and sharpening. ( and the purdy Damascus). Ill wait till I'm a better sharpener before I venture into kato and shig land

congratulation!! for custom handle also check with Mike H. he does wonderful custom re-handle job!!

Congrats. Maksim's sale was too hard to resist. DHL should be dropping off my second package tomorrow, although I didn't score one of those Damascus sujis :crytissue:

One just landed a little earlier this morning. Yoshi SLD damascus suji is quite pretty, and it also kinda fits ok into generic suji saya I have already had.

My yoshikane petty arrived this morning too, rather quick I thought. Wish I had the foresight to realsise I would buckle and shipped them both together!

Back