• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Konosuke ZDP189 Gyuto 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antbanks

Reaction score
Up for sale is this Konosuke ZDP189 gyuto with a custom handle that is in PERFECT condition. The problem is simple - I have a Konosuke honyaki gyuto in the same size AND just recently picked up a few unexpected custom knives. Always wanted to try ZDP189 and it lives up to the hype. This knife is most definitely in the laser category (more narrow than the honyaki) and it cuts really, really well. You can read more about it here and see a video of it in action. Really wish I could keep this in my collection, but something has to give. Let me know if you have any questions. $820 shipped conus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks chinacats. The handle is really nice, almost 3D from different angles as you turn it. But the real joy is cutting with it. Did not sharpen it so I can't speak to that...

Is this one of the first ones which were hardened to 67-68 or the later batch which were hardened to a (more practical) 65-66....

I am honestly not sure about this, just sent an email over to Mark ******** to see if he could get me an answer. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

thanks,
Anthony

I heard back from Mark where this knife was originally purchased and he said it is more like 65 hrc.

Awesome knife! Is this a rare knife? or custom?

I am not sure, but on the website it says that these are a new line of knives from Konosuke and there do not seem to be many of them floating around. It came from chefs knives to go originally and they have been sold out for a while with all the reviews being very positive. I know that the handle is custom. I always wanted to try a ZDP189 steel knife and I love Konosuke's profile so it is a match made in heaven if you are looking for a laser with excellent geometry. This thing takes a screaming edge and just glides through food. You can kind of see that with the potato in the video by madrookie who was the original owner of this knife. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Back