Media Sharp?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
TK59 sharpened this knife and I followed with stropping on both balsa blocks.

[video]http://youtu.be/BA5AzvQW8lg[/video]

I still haven't figured out how to embed them.

[video=youtube;BA5AzvQW8lg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA5AzvQW8lg[/video]

Just wondering how long would that edge last?

Depends on what knife you're using, what you're cutting, how you cut it, how much you cut and what exactly you mean by "that edge." If you mean to ask how many times can your edge contact the board before it stops going through tomatoes like that, the answer is on the order of one cut.

Very cool! What knife is that? I'm still new...:what:

Masamoto white steel 240 honyaki gyuto.

It's not like it's a heavy knife. It's 177g.

Depends on what knife you're using, what you're cutting, how you cut it, how much you cut and what exactly you mean by "that edge." If you mean to ask how many times can your edge contact the board before it stops going through tomatoes like that, the answer is on the order of one cut.

still cool as hell though

LOL!! That's a bummer lol I've gotta go tru a few dozen tomatoes each day and not touching the chopping board with the edge is kinda difficult.

Yes but the edge will plateau at a point where tomato cutting will still be effortless for a long time.

Wow, that was absolutely amazing and certainly humbling. I now have a benchmark to focus on with my sharpening skills, thank you!

Dude, you're gonna spend your first post to write "FART?"

Back