Quantcast
extra tall konosuke hd? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: extra tall konosuke hd?

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    kochi 240 gyuto is 55mm tall, and the 270 gyuto is 57mm. edipisreks own(ed) both takedas and kochis. im curious how they compare actually. mainly, how different is the geometry?
    my kochi 240mm gyuto only 51mm wide....
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

JKI says 55mm...ofcourse there is bound to be a difference of a mm or 2 within each gyuto.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    kochi 240 gyuto is 55mm tall, and the 270 gyuto is 57mm. edipisreks own(ed) both takedas and kochis. im curious how they compare actually. mainly, how different is the geometry?
    the Kochi is substantially thinner for much of the blade above the edge, but the Kochi is also thicker at the spine and a good bit heavier, overall. The Takedas are less chip prone than a new Kochi, in my experience, as the grind is more robust, but the Kochi is a better cutter.

Engorged Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    the Kochi is substantially thinner for much of the blade above the edge, but the Kochi is also thicker at the spine and a good bit heavier, overall. The Takedas are less chip prone than a new Kochi, in my experience, as the grind is more robust, but the Kochi is a better cutter.
    +1 on this. The kochi is a hell of a knife.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    I'm totally agree expect I never have chip prone issue with my v2 kochi gyuto! what is your kochi's steel(blue#2 or v2??)
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Engorged Member
    V2
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Quote Originally Posted by cclin View Post
    I'm totally agree expect I never have chip prone issue with my v2 kochi gyuto! what is your kochi's steel(blue#2 or v2??)
    It was v2. Pesky has it now.

+ Reply to Thread