• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Glestain Western Deba 240 w custom Adam Marr handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antbanks

Reaction score
This is a really cool beast of a knife with one of my favorite all time handles, made out of spalted avocado I believe. The pics show it pretty well, but obviously it looks even better in person. The wood alone for this knife was like $75. It is in great condition and has never been sharpened (however, it currently needs to be sharpened). Let me know if you have questions. $400 shipped conus.

I always wnated a glestain dimpled knife but when I finally tried one out, I found Glestain handles so sucked I couldn't tolerate them it. If I was in the market for a western deba I'd jump on this, Marr's handles are sooo comfortable..

Alright, seriously, what do you have cooking? Got to be something good with the amount you have sold.

Nice knife, good luck with the sale.

i feel like your getting a whole new line up.

Thanks, I have been to an extent, few more to get so I have to move a few more knives. Was not originally selling the three knives I currently have up for sale. It's a lot easier to pull the trigger when buying as opposed to selling!

That spalted avocado came from me, some of the coolest wood I ever had, and I never saw it again. Cool knife, good luck with the sale.

Stefan

Alright, seriously, what do you have cooking? Got to be something good with the amount you have sold.

No Sh*t!!! I'm amazed at the sheer volume of sweet blades you've unloaded in the last few weeks. I'd love to see what the keepers are :bigeek:

Hey Stefan, thanks a lot! I may end up having to pull this knife back and hold on to it. Figures this wood came from you since it is my second favorite next to the Shigefusa Kitaeji gyuto I just emailed you about a few weeks ago that also came from you! Can't wait to get some of my new handle purchases from you on my new knives!!

Anthony

I remember that piece of spalted avocado so well, was such a nice handle, and a pain in the ass rehandle for Dave if I remember correctly. GLWS nicest Glestain ever.

Hmmm, if it's an Adam Marr, I don't think this is the same one I saw, will have to do some digging, really need to find me some spalted Avocado.

Damn! That's a sweet knife. Coolest western deba ever.

Back