Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Japanese Terms and their Meanings

  1. #1

    Japanese Terms and their Meanings

    Can anyone tell me what the following terms mean and how they differ in terms of damascus knife forging?

    Sekisou-ko and Hi-zukuri

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the following terms mean and how they differ in terms of damascus knife forging?

    Sekisou-ko and Hi-zukuri
    Sekisou-ko = Laminated steel

    Hi-zukuri = (fire made) Hot forging

  3. #3
    Canada's Sharpest Lefty Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,312
    Yeah...I swear I was going to say that too
    09/06
    Check out the happenings around McLean Customs, at: http://instagram.com/sharpandshinyshop
    Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com
    Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNaka View Post
    Sekisou-ko = Laminated steel

    Hi-zukuri = (fire made) Hot forging

    Can you give a quick synopsis of how these processes differ?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    Can you give a quick synopsis of how these processes differ?
    ???

    Sekisou-ko = Laminated steel
    is not a process.

    ???

    You must give me the whole text for further discussion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •