• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Del Ealy 240mm gyuto in AEB-L #8 for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnochef

Founding Member
Reaction score
Another stunning and unused knife for your consideration. Handle is Buckeye Burl with a Maple Burl ferrule.

I originally bought this one for pro use, however I'm not in the biz anymore and it's a little hefty for everyday home use at 290g. Blade is nice and tall, 59mm at max. Perfect if you like a more substantial knife.

$470 new I believe, asking $400 via PayPal with case and insured shipping to Canada or US included.

prebuy #8.jpg

sorry, What do you mean AEB-L #8?? how old is this gyuto? is it has Ealy's new improve Convex ground or old ground??

He did a numbered series, this is #8. Details about it are listed under Dels forum, i believe in the preorder thread from Fall 2011.

It is the newer grind (as in, not full-flat), you can see the convexing in the photo.

He did a numbered series, this is #8. Details about it are listed under Dels forum, i believe in the preorder thread from Fall 2011.

It is the newer grind (as in, not full-flat), you can see the convexing in the photo.

thanks!!:)

Yes I can verify that it is #8 from the 240 group buy and it has Del's new convex grind-Lyle

Me too if I didn't have a carbon from the same run I'd buy it. I love my carbon one and use it almost everyday I love the grind and the unique profile really grew on me.

I'd love to try it out...just cuz.

Me too if I didn't have a carbon from the same run I'd buy it. I love my carbon one and use it almost everyday I love the grind and the unique profile really grew on me.

Ditto! If I didn't already own number 4, I'd be sorely tempted by this one. That buckeye looks great!

OMG. I love Dels work. I wish I could buy this. I have the $$ but I dont have much of the need. I am surprised that the 210 has become my go to. This knife is beautiful good luck with sale!

If anyone hasnt tried an Ealy, I would highly recommend it!

Congrats on the sale. This one really tempted me, but I have the 240 gyuto range more then covered. I'm a big fan of Del's work.

Back