To avoid buyers remorse

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob

Reaction score
Don't sweat it -- it's all part of the process. Next you'll be worried about the $250 knife you are about to order. Then the $400 knife. Then the ....

Well, you get the picture :smile1:

Soon you'll be the proud owner of AT LEAST one custom and likely multiple stones.
I'm still a minimalist with my stones, but the knife collection is getting out of hand!

I almost bought the same gyuto. I ended up buying a Konosuke instead only because of who I bought it from, JKI.

:rolleyes2:What can I say? I've tried to assign an anual knife budget but "got to have beauties" keep getting made! I would suggest budgeting a realistic ammount that you can afford and sticking to it... But its easier said than done!

bob,

If the knives meet the criteria you are looking for, I'm sure you'll be very happy with them. Remember, you can always sell them if they don't work out for you.

Alright, I'm pulling the trigger. Pics to follow in a weeks time.

Alright, I'm pulling the trigger. Pics to follow in a weeks time.

Buy ONE knife. Determine what you do and don't like about that knife. Research what knives have characteristics that you are looking for. REPEAT.

I'm very interested to see how you feel about the JCK AS Petty. I was looking at the gyuto but I just haven't seen any real reviews about it so I have been hesitant to make the purchase.

Back