Lobster Tails with Bacon Butter Sauce

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw2geeks

Founding Member
Reaction score
Central Market had some lobster tails on sale so I grilled some tails up to give my blog a Valentine's Day dinner theme.

Here are some pics.

3jgwi.St.117.jpg

INlwg.St.117.jpg

P7uYG.St.117.jpg

I like separating the meat from the shell, seasoning it and putting it back into the shell.

SLBdc.St.117.jpg

Then skewering them to keep them from curling up like shrimp on the grill.

aHMdN.St.117.jpg

More pics and recipe here.

The tails were $5.99 each, cold water tails. Anybody prefer warm water tails over cold? I mentioned in my blog post about the two types of tails.

The recipe is in the story link here. But basically you Fry up some minced bacon.

tXThS.St.117.jpg

1awj4m.St.117.jpg

Remove the bacon bits.

10B7QY.St.117.jpg

Add minced garlic and a stick of butter.

kWmcV.St.117.jpg

Add chives.

17VVJd.St.117.jpg

and heavy cream... yum!

You sure you want all those healthy green bits in the sauce? :D Looks great, as usual!

Stefan

I do something similar with the sauce but it's more like a soubise. I render Neuske's bacon then add a diced onion, then add butter, melt, then add cream, boil, remove the rendered bacon, blend, strain, season. Add stock and you can use it as a poaching liquid as well.

I do something similar with the sauce but it's more like a soubise. I render Neuske's bacon then add a diced onion, then add butter, melt, then add cream, boil, remove the rendered bacon, blend, strain, season. Add stock and you can use it as a poaching liquid as well.

That sounds delicious!

I'm going to need to up my Lipitor dosage just looking at those pictures. Thanks, can't wait to try it.

That looks fantastic Steve. How did you prepare the rice - Dirty or fried rice?
Also, never thought to skewer the tails. I have a few in the freezer I picked up for new years that didn't get used, I think Friday may be a good time to use them up.

beautiful!! my cardiologist just called. he wants me to unsubscribe to this thread :D

That looks fantastic Steve. How did you prepare the rice - Dirty or fried rice?
Also, never thought to skewer the tails. I have a few in the freezer I picked up for new years that didn't get used, I think Friday may be a good time to use them up.

The rice is actually brown rice with a little butter and bacon bits.

My fav is to use the bodies in the sauce. Roast the heads with carrot tomato terragon and onion to make a stock. Add that to your sauce... oh man

My fav is to use the bodies in the sauce. Roast the heads with carrot tomato terragon and onion to make a stock. Add that to your sauce... oh man

That sounds good, could you elaborate a little? Thanks

Latest posts

Back