Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: le Crueset enameled dutch oven. mine has gotten UGLY.

Most of our LeC is ceramic coated but we have several pieces that are not. The ones I was talking about are white ceramic.

http://cookware.lecreuset.com/cookwa...02_10332_10025

This stuff will return your LC ovens to like new condition in seconds. Trust me this stuff kicks ass.

*Warning - Wear gloves or you'll be sorry, your hands will turn inside out.

How come a carbon knife that's seriously discolored from contact with food is said to have developed a cool patina and a LC pot with similar discoloration is said to be ugly?

Quote Originally Posted by boomchakabowwow View Post
    mine is coated with enamel. i think they all are. maybe some are coated with black enamel. mmm..maybe not the skillets.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    Most of our LeC is ceramic coated but we have several pieces that are not. The ones I was talking about are white ceramic.
    Yes, I bought mine in Spain but I preferred the non-enamel and chose these ones. However, these days in many countries I always see the enamal ones. I am still not sure which ones is the best but I am happy with my ones.

Oven cleaner??
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

I've passed two sets on to my sister. I was never able to get the insides clean, and she can't either.

Interesting, the Amazon reviews on the LC cleaner are really hit or miss (at least looking at the first page of most useful). People had really mixed results. Also some recs for bleach, Mon Ami, and Barkeeper's Friend. As well as laundry detergent with water. Some also recommended oven cleaner--especially for the outside/bottom.

http://www.amazon.com/Le-Creuset-12-...reuset+cleaner

I have an old bottle of the LC cleaner (so maybe they changed it since I bought mine) but I swear this stuff makes the enameling look and feel brand new. I bought it on a recommendation from the French factory rep who I met in a LC store years ago. I was skeptical until I used it. Like I said before though - wear gloves or you'll be VERY sorry - this stuff literally shrunk the skin on my bones.

I forgot to mention that it's not magic - you still have to use some elbow grease to get results but it works better than anything else I've ever tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I have an old bottle of the LC cleaner (so maybe they changed it since I bought mine) but I swear this stuff makes the enameling look and feel brand new. I bought it on a recommendation from the French factory rep who I met in a LC store years ago. I was skeptical until I used it. Like I said before though - wear gloves or you'll be VERY sorry - this stuff literally shrunk the skin on my bones.

I forgot to mention that it's not magic - you still have to use some elbow grease to get results but it works better than anything else I've ever tried.
    Dave - I have seen it, but thought it probably was a scam like so much "cleaner" is. What do/did you use to scrub with, considering it does have some acid in it do normal scrub pads work or did you use something else?

Eric

I use a regular soft sponge. For the worst one I had to let it soak in for a minute and then just scrub.