Quantcast
any Nikon camera owners out there - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any Nikon camera owners out there

the D5200 is worth the extra cost, if only for the better auto-focus performance.

Quote Originally Posted by DSChief View Post
    It seemed that the price
    point of the D5200 package was a good , since I could upgrade to 24 MP from the 6.1 MP of the Z650 & get a 55-300 lens
    as well.
    Just a word of caution before you leap from 6MP to 24. Make sure you have the RAM, hard drive space, processor speed, software and post processing chops to get the most out of your images. Just looking at stats and price point is only a small part of the equation. It makes zero difference what brand you shoot as the rubber really hits the road in post processing. I'd much rather have one standard zoom with a fixed app than two kit lenses but that's personal preference.
    BTW Costco is usually not a very good deal due to tax. You may want to look at prices at B&H or Canoga Camera.
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckfat View Post
    Just a word of caution before you leap from 6MP to 24. Make sure you have the RAM, hard drive space, processor speed, software and post processing chops to get the most out of your images. Just looking at stats and price point is only a small part of the equation. It makes zero difference what brand you shoot as the rubber really hits the road in post processing. I'd much rather have one standard zoom with a fixed app than two kit lenses but that's personal preference.
    BTW Costco is usually not a very good deal due to tax. You may want to look at prices at B&H or Canoga Camera.
    system specs should be ok.
    Q9550 CPU
    8 G ram
    500 G. HD.
    Win 7 Pro 64 bit
    GTX-560Ti Vid.

If you are just starting with DSLR then pick the cheaper option and see if you need a better one later. for a normal user i don't think you will notice the difference between the two.

Nothing special, no commercial use or special effects. just spur of the moment tourist stuff. It seemed that the price
    point of the D5200 package was a good , since I could upgrade to 24 MP from the 6.1 MP of the Z650 & get a 55-300 lens
    as well.
    If you're not used to it the 55-300 may feel big to you. Make sure to check it out and see how it feel to carry around before you buy. If you're using mostly as a tourist you might want something lighter and more compact.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

system specs should be ok.
    Q9550 CPU
    8 G ram
    500 G. HD.
    Win 7 Pro 64 bit
    GTX-560Ti Vid.
    The bottlekneck there is your HD. Once you get to files this size a great set up is to run your OS/programs/Lightroom on a small SSD and use a 1TB Caviar black etc. for storage.
    If you don't have Lightroom consider it a must have unless of course you are already fluent with Photoshop. If you are trying to save some $$$ you may want to see if that camera is supported by LR3.
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

I don't think storage is going to be an issue

dschief, you sir a man after my own heart. lol.

i had like 12 hard drives last year. sold off a couple to cut down on space. lol. i had like 3 rigs running, electricity bill was killing me. now i'm just running on one.