Thread: WTB 270mm or 300mm Wa-Suji

WTB 270mm or 300mm Wa-Suji

Need something for breaking down large fish. Preferably something semi or full stainless ex.(kono hd or ginga)

Willing to trade a Fowler 240mm Gyuto in w2 if interested. Pm for pics and specs

A suji for breaking down large fish? What kind of technique are you planning on using with the suji?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

You should get that 11" global flexible fillet knife. It's like a suji but better for breaking down fish.

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    A suji for breaking down large fish? What kind of technique are you planning on using with the suji?
    I should be in the hunt for Deba and yanagi but I'm not comfortable with my sharpening skills of single bevel knives nor am I really trying to break the bank. Just looking for an all purpose knife that isnt too flexible to fillet and skin whole scottish salmon and portion sword and tuna loins

Suisin western carbon yo-deba: http://korin.com/Suisin-High-Carbon-...ategory=280062
    210 should do it, but if you have something already for smaller stuff, get the 240. I've had one for 10 years, and it's just a beast, but also easily takes a really nice edge. Only thing that's chipped it was a leg of veal when I got a little stupid. It'll take salmon apart cleanly with no fuss, or cut it into steaks without blinking. A great knife.
    I think Jon can order these too.

Add a semi-stainless CarboNext suji to what i mentioned above and I think you'll be better able to handle the job than with a suji alone. And you'll probably save some money vs a Kono or Ginga suji alone.

http://japanesechefsknife.com/KAGAYA...extSeries.html