• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 270mm or 300mm Wa-Suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miketayl0r

Reaction score
Need something for breaking down large fish. Preferably something semi or full stainless ex.(kono hd or ginga)

Willing to trade a Fowler 240mm Gyuto in w2 if interested. Pm for pics and specs

A suji for breaking down large fish? What kind of technique are you planning on using with the suji?

You should get that 11" global flexible fillet knife. It's like a suji but better for breaking down fish.

A suji for breaking down large fish? What kind of technique are you planning on using with the suji?
I should be in the hunt for Deba and yanagi but I'm not comfortable with my sharpening skills of single bevel knives nor am I really trying to break the bank. Just looking for an all purpose knife that isnt too flexible to fillet and skin whole scottish salmon and portion sword and tuna loins

Suisin western carbon yo-deba: http://korin.com/Suisin-High-Carbon-Steel-Yo-Deba?sc=27&category=280062
210 should do it, but if you have something already for smaller stuff, get the 240. I've had one for 10 years, and it's just a beast, but also easily takes a really nice edge. Only thing that's chipped it was a leg of veal when I got a little stupid. :curse: It'll take salmon apart cleanly with no fuss, or cut it into steaks without blinking. A great knife.
I think Jon can order these too.

Back