Naming a Baby (Boy)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, but nothing anyone says on this forum will likely impact what I name my impeding (boy) baby, but a wrench has been thrown into the naming process and I am scrambling a bit.

My wife and I had a name pegged a year ago, but recently found out that my closest cousin named his child the exact same name, which isn't a common name -- so there will basically be two people with this name in the US and they would be cousins with the same first and last name. So now I am trying to think of something else, but it is hard after being decided for a year on it.

I like Scandinavian names as that is my heritage, but it isn't necessary. I have an odd first name for those who don't know what the k. stands for, it's Karring. So odd is good too.

So throw it at me; see if it sticks. I am open to suggestions.

k.arring

Why, Drinky Jr., of course :)

Stefan

So your cousin stole your name?....or was it a freak coincidence...if he stole it I'd make him change his name or beat the **** out of him.....ryan

I have always liked Logan as a name, but its not scandinavian.

It was just a coincidence, but the strange thing is that my cousin is named the exact same name as my brother. I always thought that was kind of weird that my uncle would name his child the same as his brother's child, so now I don't want to do the same thing.

k.

Just had this conversation with another forum member. Here are some names his wife rejected but yours may not:CPM154, Super Blue, Aogami super, Honyaki, Mokume, Thor, Thumper, Odin, Sledge, Gravlax, Braise, Pickle, Nasturtium, Salt, Poblano

My buddy named his cute little boy "Leif," which sounds pretty Scandinavian to me.

I want to know the name that got away...

My buddy named his cute little boy "Leif," which sounds pretty Scandinavian to me.

I want to know the name that got away...

Oh, boy, you are asking me to let loose what I won't even share with my family -- though I do think I let it slip at the MSP knife gathering. But they were all too drunk to remember it ;)

k.

My wife's family is Norwegian and they have a running name of Gunner (Gunnar). Pretty cool name. It is a middle name for a Hans and a Broderick currently.

Totally no recall of you divulging the name. Pressure is on Justin.

I think Spike has the coolest name: Raymond Cornelius or the baddest guy I know , Sachem Son

Dagur is Norse for Day. Egil Norse for sword, Egon Gaelic for little fire.

I started with Helmut as a name for my son. Shot down so hard she couldn't keep a straight face. Turned out to be a very strong starting point for negotiations.

[video=youtube_share;MXfA8g79n3E]http://youtu.be/MXfA8g79n3E[/video]

[video=youtube_share;KLu-9Yxl3pk]http://youtu.be/KLu-9Yxl3pk[/video]

I gave my wife carte blanche for a daughters name as long as I(we) name a son Luke. As long as it wasn't the same name as one of my ex's, I promised I'd be fine. That was the commitment I made for Luke.
We are not having a son, this time.

Back