Quantcast
Hi Everyone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

Hi Guys
    Been reading this forum for ages, Its always a great go to source for me before I buy knives.
    I work as Marine Chief Chef/Pastry Chef/Baker for several large multinational companies.
    I work in the offshore and coastal construction industry, coastal bulk cargo distribution, and offshore tanker sector.
    Can be at sea for weeks at a time so good knives and tools are essential, also packing light for those chopper flights is always a challenge. Do i take that 2 pound cleaver or do i pack more socks.
    Have some Japanese knives, they are always a great backup when my main knife has taken a beating, but just love the feel of my FDicks that and i can say to other chefs when they touch my knives. "Get your hands of my Dick"
    Sorry kitchen humour
    That along with the fact that you just gotta baby those Japanese knives so much, someones always trying to stick them in a dishwasher when i not looking, or they get knocked of the bench and im just not good at drying stuff. Better not speak to loud im sailing to Japan as i type.
    So any tips on what to get next guys?
    Love a good knife off...

Welcome aboard!

Thanks mate

Welcome. Sounds like you'll fit right in here. One thing though, there are plenty of Japanese knives that you don't have to baby. Some of the knife makers here make knives especially designed for the commercial kitchen - made to take a beating. Not good at drying stuff - go stainless. One thing you will know for sure, your wallet will get a good workout.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Greetings! The new semi-stainless steels seem to be getting popular here as well and may be a good fit.

Cheers!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Welcome.

Hi,welcome.Where in Oz are you based.?

Engorged Member
    Good to have you!
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

welcome!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Welcome! The thought of someone putting my knives in the dishwasher makes my teeth ache Kikuichi makes a great stainless, Warikomi Elite. Its my "this knife gets fairly abused throughout 18-hr shifts and stays sharp for a long time with only a ceramic honing rod" go-to. That being said, if you have the funds, buy something from one of the craftsmen on this forum... you'll get a more personalized experience, not to mention a more personalized cutting tool
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4