Great News

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have made some substantial progress in handle making (after of a string of failure, partly by using horn), so I am finally going to start sending knives out!

Also, for those folks who have purchased practice knives from me (yet haven't received yet), I will offer custom handles if you like, D or octagonal. I won't use horn though, but the new design with a metal tip (over blackwood ferrule) is an option for octagonal or D.

Also, Western handles are in a pipeline. I am going to though all energy now to get the knives out, but I will continue working on a first prototype Western.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you guys for your patience. This is a huge breakthrough for me, as handles is what kept me back lately.

M

Thanks guys, and I repeat, I appreciate your patience. I now have reasons to believe that I can really achieve efficiency I was looking for in handle making. These are still shaped by hand, but the changes I made lately will allow me to reduce (and hopefully completely avoid) failures.

They will have clean installation (tang hole will conform to tang), machi will sit squarely against handle and so forth.

I am working on a first batch, will glue them up tomorrow and shape over the weekend. Have like 20+ knives waiting for handles, but this firts batch is only 5. So pics are very, very soon.

M

Wow, moving right along now. Awesome!

Cant wait, If Marko is happy with it i know all of us will be!

Can't wait to see pics of the new work!

Marko, I specially want to see picture of octagonal handle with front cap! I never seen one before.........:spin chair:

The 5 I am working on now are all D. Octagonal will be essentially same construction, just different shape. I will have one made soon though.

Still need to tweak a few things, but here is a first handle in a new construction (the topic of this thread). Since it is mounted already, I am throwing in a profile and heel shot.

DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0502.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg

DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

The spacer in your previous design did give the knife a more traditional look, but the cap in the new design brings a modernism to the piece that, quite frankly, I find very appealing. Great work Marko.

I love this one Marko, you're really on to something.....

Looks awesome Marko - LOVE IT!!!

I prefer this version without the spacer. Without an end cap, I like a spacer, but much prefer this one!

Man! Thats great!

I would at that its very Kramer Meiji'esque

Thanks folks!

There is some similarities to Kramer Meiji, but my handles are slightly smaller in size, and I don't taper at the ferrule and the tip as much as Kramer, so it can be used for pinch or handle grip more effectively.

Back