Quantcast
Greetings from Austin - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Austin

welcome, gentleman!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Welcome, Uchiko and Foreign & Domestic are both on my list for my upcoming trip to Austin. My visit last year at Uchiko was fantastic.

Welcome!

I'd also add Lenoir to your list of places to try as you get to know Austin's restaurant options. Very intimate and low key farm-to-table place, with some extraordinary food. Fantastic value, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoni Lang View Post
    Hey Nathan.. I'm working at Uchiko.
    Welcome, and nice gig too.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Welcome! I, too, have enjoyed the sushi journey... though now I am the hot-side mgr at a sushi restaurant, not a sushi chef. However, I graciously allow my stomach to continue the journey for me
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

Welcome! Austin is a great town. My wife and I relocated there years ago and she worked at Ucchi. Great people. I think you are in for some good times both here and in Austin!

Welcome! I'm in Austin...well technically living in Manor. I'm cooking at the Apple building in Riata. Love Uchiko and Lenoir. You're in a great town to learn when you find the right job. If you have a sunday off try the brunch at Olivia. Get the pickled pigs ear sandwich...thank me later.

Hope to see you at Uchiko soon! The Sake social is one of my favorite meals. I usually just order one of everything...plus a couple orders of the uni and the gyutan toro. The Nasu is incredible too.

Welcome.

thanks everyone!

I just moved to Austin too! Not a chef, just a account by day and want to be chef at home. I have been meaning to check out your restaurant. I have been getting some good advice about a new set of knives on here.