Greetings from Austin

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoni Lang

Reaction score
Forgot to introduce myself earlier! Been posting away after finding this place. Pretty awesome source for knife info-with a nice homey feel. I'm already spending more time on here than I probably should. Just relocated to Austin, TX to continue my journey in to the art of sushi:knife:. Just thought I'd say hey to everyone:biggrin:

Hey Yoni. Where are you working at in Austin? I live here as well. I'm the CDC at Foreign and Domestic.

By the way I guess I'm new posting here as well but long time poster at the "other place". Hi guys!!

Hey Yoni. Where are you working at in Austin? I live here as well. I'm the CDC at Foreign and Domestic.

Hey Nathan.. I'm working at Uchiko. Still trying to try all the good places to eat around here on my day off (might take me a while). Menu at your place looks awesome.. Pork jowl and beef heart :hungry:

Thanks for the welcome guys

Welcome, Uchiko and Foreign & Domestic are both on my list for my upcoming trip to Austin. My visit last year at Uchiko was fantastic.

Welcome!

I'd also add Lenoir to your list of places to try as you get to know Austin's restaurant options. Very intimate and low key farm-to-table place, with some extraordinary food. Fantastic value, too.

Welcome! I, too, have enjoyed the sushi journey... though now I am the hot-side mgr at a sushi restaurant, not a sushi chef. However, I graciously allow my stomach to continue the journey for me

Welcome! Austin is a great town. My wife and I relocated there years ago and she worked at Ucchi. Great people. I think you are in for some good times both here and in Austin!

Welcome! I'm in Austin...well technically living in Manor. I'm cooking at the Apple building in Riata. Love Uchiko and Lenoir. You're in a great town to learn when you find the right job. If you have a sunday off try the brunch at Olivia. Get the pickled pigs ear sandwich...thank me later.

Hope to see you at Uchiko soon! The Sake social is one of my favorite meals. I usually just order one of everything...plus a couple orders of the uni and the gyutan toro. The Nasu is incredible too.

I just moved to Austin too! Not a chef, just a account by day and want to be chef at home. I have been meaning to check out your restaurant. I have been getting some good advice about a new set of knives on here.

I just moved to Austin too! Not a chef, just a account by day and want to be chef at home. I have been meaning to check out your restaurant. I have been getting some good advice about a new set of knives on here.

come check the restaurant out man.. you'll see a lot of incredibly nice knives, and some pretty cheap knives that are insanely sharp. any one of the sushi chefs would be more than happy to talk about japanese steel. you'll find some good food too

I'm stuck at the Airport in Toronto waiting on a new flight to get me to Austin tonight, hope to get to Uchiko on Saturday if I ever make it!

Yoni> A good friend of mine is a waitress at Uchiko, small world. That is a great gig, I haven't been to Uchiko yet though Uchi is one of my favorite restaurants ever.

Awesome thanks, ill send you a PM maybe we can meet in person.

Enough of us now I think we can hold an Austin get together!

Awesome I just took some classes at the North Lamar Central Market,

Let's plan it! You guys know the places, I've only been here a few months!

Back