Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Trade(?)..maybe....

I have Chris to thank for opening my eyes that the back end is really a cleaver, makes me wish I could afford that Andy Takeda cleaver right now.

man, wish I would have caught this earlier! I'm definitely staying tuned to see your thoughts on the zKramer. I myself have an 8", 10" and the slicer in carbon. Also had an 8" in their take on the chevron Damascus, but after a couple months I just wound up returning it (wasn't that impressed, plus the return helped fund a Shig-a no brainer)
    I absolutely love my little zKramer collection. The slicer, to me, is the be-all end-all knife I've ever owned. In fact, me thinks you have inspired me to create a little review myself. Is that wrong/ bad forum etiquette?

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    man, wish I would have caught this earlier! I'm definitely staying tuned to see your thoughts on the zKramer. I myself have an 8", 10" and the slicer in carbon. Also had an 8" in their take on the chevron Damascus, but after a couple months I just wound up returning it (wasn't that impressed, plus the return helped fund a Shig-a no brainer)
    I absolutely love my little zKramer collection. The slicer, to me, is the be-all end-all knife I've ever owned. In fact, me thinks you have inspired me to create a little review myself. Is that wrong/ bad forum etiquette?
    I wouldn't mind seeing a review of the slicer, or of the other ZKramers either.

I'd like to hear more on fit and finish, too. Mine was nearly flawless, but I've heard reports of bad scale fitment, and recently saw an example that was much more than shrinkage...the tang at the end stuck out 2mm at one point!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Rushing to keep up with demand, perhaps?
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I will add one thing - I attempted something new the other night. I have never been a huge squash person but my dad gave me one out of his garden this fall and I finally got around to cooking it. I am not a fan of sweet squash so I decided to skin it, cube it up, salt, pepper and a quick saute in oil in the cast iron then off transfered it to a cookie sheet and threw it in the oven for about 1/2 an hour. After done a quick drizzle of balsamic and it was ready to go.

Anywho, I used the zk 10" gyuto to cut up the squash and outside of being just slightly wieldy, it made pretty quick work of deskinning that squash. The 52100 was pretty resiliant in some of the stress I initially gave it trying to get around the curves. Overall, I really enjoyed using it for that task. Once again Tom, I am looking forward to your thoughts.