• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Possible Trade(?)..maybe....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
I'm really wanting to give a Zwilling Kramer gyuto a try. I might, just might trade my KS gyuto (it's been around the block), for a chance with one. I'd rather borrow or do a temp swap...my Dragon could go out temporarily, or even a Carter...I dunno.

If you have one I can borrow, or you'd be willing to trade, let me know. This is one of those spur of the moment things.

I'd also be interested in an Ealy big boy knife. Thanks guys.

I've got my Damascus ealy for sale... PM me, maybe we can figure something out.... I have some ideas...

I just dumped my zkramer on the Bay....for good reason, too. I always wanted to like it, but it was just awkward. They have good resale value, though...

Damn...I was thinking of yours...Chris, if you get a minute, PM me your thoughts. Thanks!

Thanks for the offers guys. Who knew a KS was so damned popular, these days! :D

I have the Kramer coming, and I'm looking forward to giving it a beat down. :D

Chris, thanks for your input. I'll have to hassle you later. Strangely, your comments made me even more curious. Haha

Curious to hear how the ZKramer performs. Let us know. If its not cutting it for you then...
I have a real Kramer for sale its not a Gyuto its an 8'' Chefs. PM me if interested at all. Possible trade + cash :)

I'll be sure to do an in-depth review. People seem to be curious, but still tentative when it comes to these knives. I'm hoping it isn't a gateway down a very, very expensive foxhole.

I am interested to see your thoughts Tom. I still like mine although I find myself reaching for the Shig more and more and I am sure once the Mario and Marko's come in it will move to the back of the line.

I have Chris to thank for opening my eyes that the back end is really a cleaver, makes me wish I could afford that Andy Takeda cleaver right now.

man, wish I would have caught this earlier! I'm definitely staying tuned to see your thoughts on the zKramer. I myself have an 8", 10" and the slicer in carbon. Also had an 8" in their take on the chevron Damascus, but after a couple months I just wound up returning it (wasn't that impressed, plus the return helped fund a Shig-a no brainer)
I absolutely love my little zKramer collection. The slicer, to me, is the be-all end-all knife I've ever owned. In fact, me thinks you have inspired me to create a little review myself. Is that wrong/ bad forum etiquette?

man, wish I would have caught this earlier! I'm definitely staying tuned to see your thoughts on the zKramer. I myself have an 8", 10" and the slicer in carbon. Also had an 8" in their take on the chevron Damascus, but after a couple months I just wound up returning it (wasn't that impressed, plus the return helped fund a Shig-a no brainer)
I absolutely love my little zKramer collection. The slicer, to me, is the be-all end-all knife I've ever owned. In fact, me thinks you have inspired me to create a little review myself. Is that wrong/ bad forum etiquette?

I wouldn't mind seeing a review of the slicer, or of the other ZKramers either.

I'd like to hear more on fit and finish, too. Mine was nearly flawless, but I've heard reports of bad scale fitment, and recently saw an example that was much more than shrinkage...the tang at the end stuck out 2mm at one point!

Rushing to keep up with demand, perhaps?

I will add one thing - I attempted something new the other night. I have never been a huge squash person but my dad gave me one out of his garden this fall and I finally got around to cooking it. I am not a fan of sweet squash so I decided to skin it, cube it up, salt, pepper and a quick saute in oil in the cast iron then off transfered it to a cookie sheet and threw it in the oven for about 1/2 an hour. After done a quick drizzle of balsamic and it was ready to go.

Anywho, I used the zk 10" gyuto to cut up the squash and outside of being just slightly wieldy, it made pretty quick work of deskinning that squash. The 52100 was pretty resiliant in some of the stress I initially gave it trying to get around the curves. Overall, I really enjoyed using it for that task. Once again Tom, I am looking forward to your thoughts.

Back