Quantcast
Who here are lefties? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who here are lefties?

i heard in mainland china, the chinese consider left handedness bad luck in the family. koreans and japanese also force kids to become righties from i know. i've seen a japanese drama that had in it a cooking theme. and in that story the teacher used to cook and cut with as a lefty but was forced by his master to use his right hand, during his teaching stint, he too was tellng this lefty kid to learn to be a righty. i say that's just wrong.

just wanted to share that.

nice to see that there are more lefties here adding themselves to the poll.

Lefty here, and about 5 more at work in a kitchen of 10

Now that I am awake post work I also remember reading a statistic that the incidence of left handedness is the same in most prisons as it is in most kitchens, that is unusually high. I'm not speculating on what this means but with five lefties in a kitchen of eleven, I'm starting to believe.

I wouldn't try to rig up a lefty fish spat, they are pretty cheap from most restaurant suppliers. That's why the rest of the staff, including the other four lefties can't understand why this guy ruins all these spatulas. On the needing stuff front one of them also has a lefty peeler

i still play guitar right handed though. and when i was younger i would bat both ways.

Lefty here, but am very ambidextrous.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

I'm also a lefty, though highly ambidextrous by now

Mine's just an ironic nickname.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

im a lefty too,
    i became a knife nut because of it more or less. Searching for why my brand new japanese knife felt strange cutting. daves blog, here and now my spare cash is called knife money.

I'm a lefty

Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    i heard in mainland china, the chinese consider left handedness bad luck in the family. koreans and japanese also force kids to become righties from i know. i've seen a japanese drama that had in it a cooking theme. and in that story the teacher used to cook and cut with as a lefty but was forced by his master to use his right hand, during his teaching stint, he too was tellng this lefty kid to learn to be a righty. i say that's just wrong.

just wanted to share that.

nice to see that there are more lefties here adding themselves to the poll.
    In the middle ages, it was considered a sign of being in league with satan (or something of that flavor). In fact, the Latin root for "left-handed" and "sinister/evil" are the same. And the root for "right-handed" and "dextrous/skilled" are the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinistral_and_dextral

People would be harassed and discriminated against for being left-handed. Not at all surprised this is still going on in a lot of places.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.