Who here are lefties?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franzb69

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusions that most lefties are knife knuts in one way or another. Or at the very least lefties love doing things and or making things with their hands.

I'd like to make a poll of how many and who here are lefties here in this beloved forum of ours and maybe find out the ratio of lefties and righties here is just to see. =D

Thanks.

I'm not but nearly half of my coworkers are. It's the most lefties I've ever seen out of any place I have worked. One of them won't use a right handed fish spat, or buy his own, he just bends the house ones till they're unusable by anyone, right or left handed.

Get back in the cave! No! bad! Forum for righties only! except for lefty he got cool stuff. The rest of you back in the cave. unless you too have cool stuff. everyone else back in the cave. evil lefties trying to rule the world.....grumble.......grumble, grumble.

Get back in the cave! No! bad! Forum for righties only! except for lefty he got cool stuff. The rest of you back in the cave. unless you too have cool stuff. everyone else back in the cave. evil lefties trying to rule the world.....grumble.......grumble, grumble.
:rofl2:

Don't even get me started on outey belly buttons. I used to date a girl who was a lefty with an outey belly button , crooked toes with the weird snaggle toe nail from wearing her jimmy choos heels and loved french's yellow mustard, she had to go, I got to many freaks in my life as it is.

so we lefties are freaks now? =p

well i do admit that i am a bit of a freak.

i think your ex is an exception to the rule. =D

i have a righty fish spat and it annoys the heck out of me, i wanna cut it so it works lefty. thanks for reminding me that i really have to look for a lefty friendly fish spat. rawr.

I wanna have cool stuff that's why i'm in this forum! =pppp

what did you mean by crooked toes? toes like ginger? we have a term for that, feet that look a lot like ginger. ginger feet! =D

I'n definitively a lefty! so much i can't really write my name legible with my right hand....

Either way lefties might not be very artistic, but we are smarter :tease:

haha. it's coz of all these lefty specific threads that have been popping up so i gave in. i wanted to do the roll call since the other day as well.

Leftie reporting in. Often think after browsing knife forums that there seem to be a real good amount of lefties, more than the meager offerings for us from companies would suggest.

Lefty here born and raised. We rule and split atom's like Albert Einstein!

as mentioned in other threads i'm not a born lefty. i'm more of a confused dominant hand guy. only things my right hand can't do is cut with knives, write and shoot a basketball.

am more ambidextrous than anything.

wife is a lefty, im a righty makes for interesting times if we dont plan our seats at a restaurant

My son and wife are lefties, part of the reason why I always sharpen close to 50/50 and don't choose d shaped handles.:(

I am a lefty. Use my right hand for the odd thing, but about 90% of the time it's my left hand

I'm another sinister lefty...handedness that is. In grade school they tried to make my a righty though...didn't work out well. I use my right foot for kickball though...and fire longarms right-handed (and switch eyes too).

i heard in mainland china, the chinese consider left handedness bad luck in the family. koreans and japanese also force kids to become righties from i know. i've seen a japanese drama that had in it a cooking theme. and in that story the teacher used to cook and cut with as a lefty but was forced by his master to use his right hand, during his teaching stint, he too was tellng this lefty kid to learn to be a righty. i say that's just wrong.

just wanted to share that.

nice to see that there are more lefties here adding themselves to the poll.

Lefty here, and about 5 more at work in a kitchen of 10

Now that I am awake post work I also remember reading a statistic that the incidence of left handedness is the same in most prisons as it is in most kitchens, that is unusually high. I'm not speculating on what this means but with five lefties in a kitchen of eleven, I'm starting to believe.

I wouldn't try to rig up a lefty fish spat, they are pretty cheap from most restaurant suppliers. That's why the rest of the staff, including the other four lefties can't understand why this guy ruins all these spatulas. On the needing stuff front one of them also has a lefty peeler

I'm also a lefty, though highly ambidextrous by now

im a lefty too,
i became a knife nut because of it more or less. Searching for why my brand new japanese knife felt strange cutting. daves blog, here and now my spare cash is called knife money.

i heard in mainland china, the chinese consider left handedness bad luck in the family. koreans and japanese also force kids to become righties from i know. i've seen a japanese drama that had in it a cooking theme. and in that story the teacher used to cook and cut with as a lefty but was forced by his master to use his right hand, during his teaching stint, he too was tellng this lefty kid to learn to be a righty. i say that's just wrong.

just wanted to share that.

nice to see that there are more lefties here adding themselves to the poll.

In the middle ages, it was considered a sign of being in league with satan (or something of that flavor). In fact, the Latin root for "left-handed" and "sinister/evil" are the same. And the root for "right-handed" and "dextrous/skilled" are the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinistral_and_dextral

People would be harassed and discriminated against for being left-handed. Not at all surprised this is still going on in a lot of places.

Back