Quantcast
Why is this guy a knucklehead? - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this guy a knucklehead?

Quote Originally Posted by bieniek View Post
    Hes accent is annoying.
    Haha yes it's true!

I will not attempt to totally derail this thread since I am such a newbie to this forum, but can we quickly discuss how a buyer newbie (such as myself) might attempt to fix a knife like the example given by knerd in the event we bought it? Would it be possible?

In the photo, I see what mhlee is referring to - the bevel is inconsistent, doesn't reach the heel, thicker and then thinner from heel to tip, etc. What can one glean from the way the reflection of the light separates as it goes from heel to tip? Is this indicative of over or undergrind? Camera flash? Imagined?

As always, appreciate the insight and time invested in newbies. My first thought when I looked at that knife was oh crap, whats wrong with it, and why doesn't the screamingly obvious error scream at me like it does to everyone else in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Sorry for taking offense Paradox. I don't want to turn you off from KKF. We are all entitled to our opinions. We also have the right to get grumpy! This isn't the 1st time for me!
    Cheers, if you didn't live so far away, I'd buy you a beer or a lapdance!
    I'm not turned off of KKF. There is a lot great stuff here sometimes you just have to put aside the childish crap to get to it. You find that on almost every forum on the internet though.

I'm still not really clear on your specific issue, did you try to have it made right? Regardless of who the vendor is, if you didn't give the vendor a chance to make it right then you just don't really have a leg to stand on in my book when you trash them for it. If you think that makes me being douchey to you.. Oh well. Won't be the first time for that on the internet either.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I'm revoking the lapdance offer.
    And the beer will be Miwaukee's Best Ice.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by skiajl6297 View Post
    I will not attempt to totally derail this thread since I am such a newbie to this forum, but can we quickly discuss how a buyer newbie (such as myself) might attempt to fix a knife like the example given by knerd in the event we bought it? Would it be possible?

In the photo, I see what mhlee is referring to - the bevel is inconsistent, doesn't reach the heel, thicker and then thinner from heel to tip, etc. What can one glean from the way the reflection of the light separates as it goes from heel to tip? Is this indicative of over or undergrind? Camera flash? Imagined?

As always, appreciate the insight and time invested in newbies. My first thought when I looked at that knife was oh crap, whats wrong with it, and why doesn't the screamingly obvious error scream at me like it does to everyone else in this forum.
    These were just my observations and I am, by no means, even close to as knowledgeable about knives are as others. But, what I'll communicate is what I've learned based on my own experiences and from taking with others who are much more knowledgeable than me.

If the grind is consistent, then the bevel can be fixed by sharpening. It could have been just a bad sharpening job. But, if the grind is bad and there is an overgrind, how bad of an overgrind will determine whether it can be repaired. If it is a small overgrind, I believe that you can potentially regrind the face of the knife to make it consistent, i.e. essentially a thinning job on the face of the knife. But, that's a BIG job. If it's a bad overgrind, there may be nothing you can do about it, e.g. Moritakas.

You're definitely right that some of the issues could simply be a product of the photo. (I thought the same myself, and was the reason why I said that there appear/seem to be problems with the grind.)
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    I'm revoking the lapdance offer.
    And the beer will be Miwaukee's Best Ice.
    BEST. RESPONSE. EVER.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

It's not the photo
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Overgrind issue and really really awful sharpening job from the guy in the video.
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Dave, I know it isn't you birthday..........
    ......but
    Okay, I'm off this thread.
    Peace
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

mhlee

The truth is that and there is no president for it as far as I know. It's certainly not me. GFY!

I'm sorry you had some bad experiences with Mark. Sounds like you did well to start shopping elsewhere.

Good luck!

Name:  wabi sabi.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  12.2 KB
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/