Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this guy a knucklehead?

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Zwiefel,

There is bad blood between the guy that owns the company that this guy is doing these videos for and some folks here on this forum. It goes back for quite some time as far as I can tell and the details are only really known to the principals. It's my understanding that the bad blood between them was the genesis for this forum to be created.

I have been involved in on-line communities going back to the late '80s early '90s with the old BBS scene even before the "Internet" was really even known to exist by most people. This group dynamic seems to be the only constant.

At some point there was an online community of knife enthusiasts. Anytime you have a forum like that, that is pretty close knit, some folks float to the top as leaders of the community. Something brought the friction between those guys to a point that they thought they had to split it up. Someone drew a line in the sand so to speak. People felt like they had to make a statement of allegiance and so some of them sided with folks here. Shaun, the guy in the video, went with Mark and the folks that sided with him, Ken S. is another one of those guys who is more prominent on the net. As a result you'll see them disparaged here as a routine response to what they do elsewhere on the net. I think more because they are on the other side of the line than what they do is actually deserving of disparaging remarks?

To those of us that have come along well after the dust up it's clear that something is off but we just have to set it aside. At least I do, as I like being a part of all the knife forums I can.
    I came along well after "the dust had cleared". I have spent a ton of my $$$ with Mr. R. Until I received this super-bobo knife from him, I had been seen singing his praises on the old forum. I didn't understand why there were 2 sides, but now I do, and I know I'm on the right one.
    NONE of the vendors, makers or hobbyist/craftsmen on KKF would ever dare to pass off a knife like this to ANY customer, much less one who had already spent thousands of dollars with them.
    You guys here are solid individuals who do this out of love for the craft, not the love of money or hoarding of knives.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Seriously, how would you feel if this was your brand new knife?

BOO-YAHHHH!!!!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

mark refers to shawn aka knife fanatic as his business partner, so he is definitely "on his payroll" no question about it. i think those guys intentionally prey on j knife noobs with videos like this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Zwiefel,

There is bad blood between the guy that owns the company that this guy is doing these videos for and some folks here on this forum. It goes back for quite some time as far as I can tell and the details are only really known to the principals. It's my understanding that the bad blood between them was the genesis for this forum to be created.

I have been involved in on-line communities going back to the late '80s early '90s with the old BBS scene even before the "Internet" was really even known to exist by most people. This group dynamic seems to be the only constant.

At some point there was an online community of knife enthusiasts. Anytime you have a forum like that, that is pretty close knit, some folks float to the top as leaders of the community. Something brought the friction between those guys to a point that they thought they had to split it up. Someone drew a line in the sand so to speak. People felt like they had to make a statement of allegiance and so some of them sided with folks here. Shaun, the guy in the video, went with Mark and the folks that sided with him, Ken S. is another one of those guys who is more prominent on the net. As a result you'll see them disparaged here as a routine response to what they do elsewhere on the net. I think more because they are on the other side of the line than what they do is actually deserving of disparaging remarks?

To those of us that have come along well after the dust up it's clear that something is off but we just have to set it aside. At least I do, as I like being a part of all the knife forums I can.
    That's exactly what I'm trying to separate with my questions (what's actually in the video vs all the other stuff)....as well as to learn something from what others observed. Seemed like a good teaching moment to me.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

GeeeYooTow!

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    I came along well after "the dust had cleared". I have spent a ton of my $$$ with Mr. R. Until I received this super-bobo knife from him, I had been seen singing his praises on the old forum. I didn't understand why there were 2 sides, but now I do, and I know I'm on the right one.
    NONE of the vendors, makers or hobbyist/craftsmen on KKF would ever dare to pass off a knife like this to ANY customer, much less one who had already spent thousands of dollars with them.
    You guys here are solid individuals who do this out of love for the craft, not the love of money or hoarding of knives.
    [IMG][/IMG]

BOO-YAHHHH!!!!
    Yeah, I would be embarrassed to send a knife like that home with a friend....and I'm doing it for free....and I'm a noob. It would not be acceptable to not fix that (honestly, I don't think it's acceptable that it left the building)....esp b/c we know that they know better, unlike the guys down at the hardware store.

Good information for the larger question....and yet another reason I try to stick with the vendors on this forum.

I'm still kinda wowed by that set of photos. damn.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

BOO-YAHHHH!!!!
    Seroiuosly? I'd really dislike it. I'd also give the guy a chance to make it right regardless of who it was.

I too came in after the bad blood split. Mark developed the 'bad blood' with me all by himself. Didn't help to read all the shining reviews elsewhere and see in real time the exact opposite. I too spent a nice little sum of money there only to be shat upon. Screw him and his crappy products; oh yeah, and his trolls too.

Cheers!

Oh and as to giving him the chance to make it right, he won't even acknowledge when there is a problem that he should've figured it out beforehand.
    one man gathers what another man spills...

mark has screwed up my orders in the past, but i will admit he did a great job fixing the problems also. the issue with that knife and alot like it is they do have QC issues, and their products arent inspected before they ship.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I do think his wife is very nice and sweet, I have nothing bad to say about her.
    I'm sure Mr. R would've tried to remedy(no pun intended) the situation, but I just decided it was better to be done with the whole thing. I ended up giving the knife away later anyway.
    Just another lesson learned.
    I wish we could all be united as one forum, but business like this is why Dave doesn't have him around.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Yeah really, I mean it doesn't even have a handle. Pfft!

[ok so tell me what's really wrong with it?]