Quantcast
Why is this guy a knucklehead? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this guy a knucklehead?

Awesome! The hive-mind speaks, I was pretty sure it would go this way when I spoke up. Oh well. Now I'm one of Mark's trolls simply because I'm willing to call a spade a spade. Sorry to say, you could not be further from the truth.

Poor behavior on an others part is never good cause for poor behavior on my part.

If you buy a product from anyone that isn't the way it should be and you don't make them correct it then you are the one at fault.

If your customers arrive at your business in a limousine you'll go home in a bus. If your customers arrive in a bus you'll go home in a limousine. I think that's his philosophy on some of his knife lines.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    Yeah really, I mean it doesn't even have a handle. Pfft!

[ok so tell me what's really wrong with it?]
    Based on this picture, the initial bevel is completely messed up. It's inconsistent from heel (it doesn't even get to the heel) to the tip. You can tell based on the multiple reflections in the bevel that it was sharpened on multiple stones at different angles. Even worse, it appears that there could be an overgrind toward the heel because it looks the bevel flattens out toward the heel and this appears to correspond with a flat grind on the face of the blade.

Also, the grind seems to be inconsistent. It's about halfway up toward the heel, and then appears to dip closer to the edge toward the tip. The finish is also inconsistent. It looks like it was attempted to have a mirror polish toward the heel, but the tip is more of a satin finish.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    Yeah really, I mean it doesn't even have a handle. Pfft!

[ok so tell me what's really wrong with it?]
    it doesnt even look like the bevel even extends to heel. this series passes through the hands of both shawn and mark before its shipped too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

If you buy a product from anyone that isn't the way it should be and you don't make them correct it then you are the one at fault.
    i think mark might be banking on this actually, it more profitable and noobs wouldnt know the difference. i wouldnt have noticed the flaws with the edge 2 years ago.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Awesome! The hive-mind speaks, I was pretty sure it would go this way when I spoke up. Oh well. Now I'm one of Mark's trolls simply because I'm willing to call a spade a spade. Sorry to say, you could not be further from the truth.

Poor behavior on an others part is never good cause for poor behavior on my part.

Seriously, I'm being honest about my crap knife and you're being douchey and telling me I'm wrong?
    Sorry for MY "poor behavior".
    Sure I'll be the one at fault, but the lesson learned is a good one, and I don't want any other forum members to make it.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I tried to do a return and was told there would be a restocking fee...for a piss ass product? Labor of love is correct, this is what he is banking on--literally.

I didn't burn the bridge, though I will gladly pour gasoline on it once it's started.

Anyone say moritaka?

Cheers!

Leave it to Knerd to be an adult--thanks man, I can't help myself--glad you're here.
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Sorry for taking offense Paradox. I don't want to turn you off from KKF. We are all entitled to our opinions. We also have the right to get grumpy! This isn't the 1st time for me!
    Cheers, if you didn't live so far away, I'd buy you a beer or a lapdance!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I really wasn't trying to dredge up the history of all of this, I was only after some discussion about the video content and the responses to it. But it does help me understand the emotional content of some of the posts.

I would certainly be rather unhappy if faced with some of the behavior you guys describe.

Have a good weekend guys!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Sorry to say, you could not be further from the truth.

????

First, if you had a good experience with him, then I'm happy for you. But, please don't make generalizations on his behalf because there are a number of members here, including me, who have received poor customer service from him on multiple occasions, especially knives that did not meet the quality standards he represented.

Second, your point about making the retailer correct the problem - that's not how the law works. Generally, a retailer is liable for the sale of any defective product, along with the manufacturer. A retailer is legally obligated to sell non-defective products and is legally liable for any defective products sold. (In some states, the seller is equally liable as the manufacturer.)

Third, your point assumes that the buyer should know that the product he/she is purchasing is supposed to be a certain way from the start and it's the buyer's fault if they don't recognize the problem and then make the retailer correct it. Again, that's not how the law works. (Frankly, I don't think you would appreciate being in that position if you bought a car, for example, and the dealer took that position with you, e.g., "Oh, you didn't know this car had a problem with its cruise control and that you're not going to be able to stop once at highway speeds, but it's your responsibility to make the retailer correct it and you're at fault for your major crash.") Is the buyer supposed to be completely knowledgeable of exactly how everything they buy is supposed to be made and able to detect even the smallest problem and it's their responsibility if they don't notice it and ask for a correction?

Fourth, a number of members had issues with knives bought from him and asked him to correct it. In my case, he told me to deal with the maker (twice for two different problems on the same knife) and was not willing to do anything until I sent him back a knife and demanded a refund. (From what I've read, I'm not the only one who's experienced this tactic.) Again, under general US law, the retailer is responsible for remedying such problems and, in my case, he refused to do so. (Mind you, I also paid for return shipping twice out of my own pocket. So, I ultimately ended up with no knife, and about $50 in postage charges - it was a rather expensive knife - because of problems with things he sold.)

So, please don't make broad generalizations and assumptions. Please also stop acting like you're the President of the Truth Club and voice of reason.

Please keep buying stuff from that site. But, if you happen to get a knife that's messed up, don't come crying here for our sympathy or assistance. And, good luck finding someone to fix it.

P.S. - FWIW, I don't know either Knyfeknerd or Chinacats in person. In fact, I don't believe I've even ever messaged them here or on any other forum.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"