K-fed's kit

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Fed

Reaction score
Haven't started one of these yet and figured I'd start with my newly acquired dt itk gyuto. Most of the polishing was already done, but i took it a little bit further after thinning it a bit.

We request some pics of that Sab that Dave did for you.

I'm going to try to post new pictures of everything rather than reposting old stuff so this may take me a bit.

As requested: Restored and re-handled via the talents of Mr. Dave Martell. Vintage French steel from the "Chef Au Ritz" line of Bresduck Sabatiers. It's not nearly as shiny as it was when I got it back... but hey, what good carbon knife should be?

CEXdIpd.jpg

4C3ueeP.jpg

E7a0OcZ.jpg

And next: The sakai yusuke 300mm white #2 suji.

jQb8ICB.jpg

89W3ExJ.jpg

YfIzHUj.jpg

Dang the weather looks pretty nice in the Sunshine State too!
A good accompaniment to the knives.

Another for today. Fowler scimitar... Love this thing and have been using it for everything from trimming/portioning steaks to butterflying chicken breasts since I've gotten it.
r1pzx2H.jpg

sMI9l30.jpg

FfkoReo.jpg

Y6xVzqX.jpg

Vintage Solingen Cutlery carbon scimitar... Large protiens? Chickens? Turkeys? Small trees in the way? Zombies over running your town? This would be my knife of choice. The steel is on the softer side, sharpens easily and is tough as nails. Makes a great slicer on the line for large roasts as well. Fantastic bang for the buck scimitar and would replace it in a heart beat if something were to happen to it.

t2woVcO.jpg

Nice!
Keep 'em coming K.
Send some of that sunshine out in a passaround too!!!!

Mounted up one of the pieces of felt that I got from Dave. It's not pretty but it's long and works extremely well. Also in the picture is my martell re handled misono for a bit of a size reference.

HS6XZt0.jpg

And the majority of the stone collection.
ywXkhiM.jpg

300mm saikon dojo yanagiba. Not the prettiest yanagiba but its a great workhorse and was my first decent single bevel so its got a bit of sentimental value. The grind was a bit wonky ootb but its been mostly worked out over the years and is now trained and easily sharpened. Did I mention it gets insanely sharp? It was push cutting leaves as I was trying to position it for the picture.
6b5dbwJ.jpg

GBJYgmp.jpg

Nice to see great knives from someone who knows what to do with them. Thanks K -Fed

Now that's a sexy lineup, but the Mike D. is the one I'd be trying to take home.

The gyuto rotation... Not pictured are a couple vintage sabs.
RqO1krP.jpg

Back