Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I cook that's considered food

just had sunday lunch so.....

we had some roast chicken

since none of us really like eating breast, we just bought a bunch of leg and thigh's.

cooked in butter, kaffir lime leaves and tarragon (both from my garden). =D

That looks great!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

thanks! =D

some old pix of stuff i've cooked....

steamed lapu lapu, chinese style. taste and texture similar to sea bass.

miso soup from scratch

dehydrating habaneros for chili powder

home made sausages

kimchi!

hainanese chicken

fried tawilis with seasalt, pepper, capers, balsamic vinegar, distant fresh water cousin to the sardine only found in my province, a landlocked species.

kimchi fried rice with spam, taught by my canadian friend that hung out with lots of koreans

all made and cooked by yours truly.

some bread.....

=D

Bread looks good. Is that bacon?
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

thanks. yes it is! tested out my new food processor so i had to make some bread. lol.

everything is better with bacon.

just so you know.

Hainanese chicken is my all time favorite meal..it is my request meal, should i ever find myself on death row. and about to get killed.

i had my first plate from some hawker cart in malaysia. changed my idea on chicken and rice..NICE job, buddy!!

that kimchee fried rice needs a fried egg on top!! i might make that for dinner tonight!!

just so you know.

Hainanese chicken is my all time favorite meal..it is my request meal, should i ever find myself on death row. and about to get killed.

i had my first plate from some hawker cart in malaysia. changed my idea on chicken and rice..NICE job, buddy!!
    thanks. first i had it was when i was a young kid taking a vacation in hongkong, ate it at an underground canteen under a hotel. back when it was still there, all the locals ate there. it was an everyday type of thing for them. when my family had it, we had it literally every single day for the rest of the vacation. lol. we didn't know what it was but it was awesome. who knew cold chicken and hot rice went so well together? lol. there are a lot of knock offs of said chicken here now so i can now have it all the time if i wanted to. but it doesn't taste quite the same though. it's gotta be the special breed of chicken that they said they use.

that kimchee fried rice needs a fried egg on top!! i might make that for dinner tonight!!
    only did the kimchi fried rice how the koreans did it. but yeah, does feel like it needs something on top.

=D