Japaneseknifeatosis

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbob

Reaction score
The doctor has diagnosed me. Its been only two months since i caught the full blown disease. There is no hope for me. These are the symptoms i am showing so far. IMG_0767.jpg

Oh, this is bad...
My gut feeling is that a future examination is likely to reveal the existence of the dreaded deba.
There's no hope for you once the condition has manifested to that level.

My condolences to your family, friends, and bank account.

Nice set Jim , you best not be getting a Shig anytime soon as 1 is never enough!

Nice and get a shig soon. Layer this year, I should hit double digit range myself :)

View attachment 16808
A bit of an update. Pretty happy with the lineup (for now) and they all get used. Saving for shigs now! Funny how true some of the earlier posts turned out to be!
Tanaka 165 Blue Deba - First deba, really enjoying getting clean fillets now!
Sakai Takayuki Doi 195 Kama Usuba - My wife may be getting sick of ken cut veggies.....
Shigefusa 180 Kitaeji Petty - What have i begun. Perfect size petty for me.
Hattori FH Parer - Great wee knife, does all my baby boys strawberries, grapes etc. A tad short for my liking, have a new profile ealy coming.
Ealy 210 AEB-L Gyuto - Shined her up. Amazing balance and comfort. Handy having a stainless on hand too if its just a small task.
Kato 240 Gyuto - The beast.
Yoshikane SLD 270 Damascus Suji - Thin, sharp, awesome. Dont get to use it as much as i would like!
MAC Bread - Cuts bread good..
CCK 1303 - Probably the best knife for cutting sweet potato wedges, my sons favourite...
Kiwi Cleaver - Carcass chopping, and coconut opening. Friggin $8 bucks. $1.50 for the small one, package opener( which has been too many of late!)

I like the profile of that one a lot. Enough height for board clearance, and it looks like a useful, nimble tip. Nice Jimbob.

that shig petty is sweet! and an awesome ealy shiny toy! great collection jim

Looking good, James! I see you're taking good care of the Ealy ;)

Thought id show my storage solution, (and a few additions). Cant go on the wall so made use of a corner and mounted the mag bloks on a timber frame. Works a treat!IMG_1046.jpg

That's a great idea, I really like it, looks like a super prep area hehe.

After much jostling, this is what remains. Just a heiji petty to come and that has to be it for a while as i need to save for a trans tasman shift. Its going to be hard...IMG_1395.jpg

Was that a Shigefusa kitaeji 270mm you were talking about?

Jim, we need to be introduced :). That's an awesome collection.

Back