• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

revisiting the fire sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
First up I'm relisting the 210mm Sakon. I know some of the members here do not have a high opinion of this knife but, from what I have read most of them have the older fatter clunkier version. This new version is not a laser but, it cuts way better than the old version and is thinner behind the edge and fit and finish is impeccable. It is a beautiful knife. The nickle damascus is gorgeous and It is rumored that the blade is made out of SKD11. The handle is made of Rosewood.
$200 conus shipping included.

sakon4.jpg

sakon3.jpg

sakon2.jpg

sakon1.jpg

george 040.jpg

george 036.jpg

george 034.jpg

george 033.jpg

george 032.jpg

Ps. This is brand new still in the box. never sharpened. Did I mention it id beautiful.

Up for grabs are two T/C blades I just recently got in trade and purchase. I have only used them for about a week and then gave them a gentle refurb. I removed most of the sharpening scratches and I will be giving them both a lite re-etch tomorrow. They are both 240mm blade length. one was made for Jkerr here on the forum and has a beautiful handle with copper rivets and multicolor wood spacers The handle looks to be made of cocobolo and the saya also. The blade is a single bevel style with a 90/10 edge bevel no ura. It was originally a kurouchi that Josh scrubbed off. I will be etching it in a boiled vinegar and salt solution to give it a dark grey etch . It develops a beautiful patina and is fairly non reactive. The blade is made of o1 and weighs 282 grams. There is a split running down the length of the ferrule but, it has been filled with CA glue and is stable and sanded smooth. It does not effect performance and you can't feel it. Here is your chance to get a custom made knife from a unique maker with no wait at a significant discount. $300 Conus shipping international shippers we maybe able to work something out.

tc16.jpg

tc15.jpg

tc14.jpg

tc13.jpg

tc12.jpg

tc11.jpg

tc10.jpg

tc9.jpg

tc8.jpg

tc7.jpg

tc5.jpg

tc4.jpg

tc3.jpg

tc1.jpg

tc.jpg

The second one is a bit more interesting I think. It is also 240mm with a tsuchime blade and it has a semi kurouchi finish. I think it is o1. It is definitely, carbon steel. It has a very interesting texture on the back it almost looks like a starry sky it has little tiny shiny bumps on the back with a black background, The front has a hammered finish and an overall grey appearance . There is a very cool little plaque on the back written in Kanji. Mr Sugai says it says something like "Red Trout" So it is called the Red Trout. It has copper spacers and rosewood and ebony handle. 3mm spine above the heel. it is a beautiful stout knife. single bevel style with a 90/10 edge bevel and no ura. $300.00 conus shipping

11tc.jpg

10tc.jpg

9tc.jpg

8tc.jpg

7tc.jpg

6tc.jpg

5tc.jpg

4tc.jpg

3tc.jpg

2tc.jpg

1tc.jpg

First up I'm relisting the 210mm Sakon. I know some of the members here do not have a high opinion of this knife but, from what I have read most of them have the older fatter clunkier version. This new version is not a laser but, it cuts way better than the old version and is thinner behind the edge and fit and finish is impeccable. It is a beautiful knife. The nickle damascus is gorgeous and It is rumored that the blade is made out of SKD11. The handle is made of Rosewood.
$200 conus shipping included.

I have to say, if I wanted a Gyuto I would be buying this Sakon without even debating it, its gorgeous

I have a Sakon petty like that and it's a handsome blade.

bah, i gotta stop looking at this thread :X I literally keep coming back to look at "red trout" at least 3 times a day to see if someone has taken my temptation away. If I could afford it I would give in to my temptation :(

bah, i gotta stop looking at this thread :X I literally keep coming back to look at "red trout" at least 3 times a day to see if someone has taken my temptation away. If I could afford it I would give in to my temptation :(

I take installments.lol

First T/c blade being pulled off the sale for now. Red Trout still available

Back