Quantcast
Endorsement of an awesome reclaimed wood magnetic knife bar maker - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Endorsement of an awesome reclaimed wood magnetic knife bar maker

Hi Jon!

And thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Here are some photos of my knife bar. On the end towards camera in the last two pictures there is a seam hidden there, about 1/6th the way from the right side. The back of the piece is solid wood as well, with two registration holes that fit over the screws. The thick steel back baseplate is also awesome aesthetically. Mine is the teak wood version. Enjoy!

keegan

so the magnetic forces go through the wood? is the magnet set inside a router slot on the inside? got a pic of the backside?

i love it. the cheap magnet ones sometimes leave a tarnish mark from the steel on steel contact.

Some nice blades on that teak bar.

It's a nice one! But looks like too much space on that bar. Now time to buy more knives.

Here is a video showing some more detail...

Quote Originally Posted by boomchakabowwow View Post
    so the magnetic forces go through the wood? is the magnet set inside a router slot on the inside? got a pic of the backside?

i love it. the cheap magnet ones sometimes leave a tarnish mark from the steel on steel contact.

Talking of clever craftsmen and artisans who deserve accolade, also have a look at this excellent magnetic knife bar: simple, cheap and quite effective.
    I have one and it does its job quite nicely (magnets choice and placement is awesome, as they will "auto-space" your knives and keep them vertical).
    http://shop.anniesarc.com/collections/products/magnetic

Welcome to the forums!

And yes: welcome!

And a link to the video for those on their iphone (embedded video doesn't seem to show up). https://vimeo.com/59948097

Quote Originally Posted by keegan View Post
    Here is a video showing some more detail...

I lurk a lot more than I post. But I had to buy one of these tonight at the same time I bought the biggest Boardsmith Cutting Board. I love functional upgrades to daily life