Magnetic bar recommendation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all

I am interested in buying a new magnetic bar because my bar now is maybe too short 38cm or 15 inches. If I have maybe almost 50cm or 18 or 20 inches is still going to fit my kitchen. Also, I can fit on maybe 2 more new knives!

I am wondering if anyone has some recommendation? I will order this in the US and so US recommendations are good.

I have seen a few sites and different bars, but it is difficult how I can know, for example, how are the magnets? do they still hold the knives at the two ends? are they too weak or too strong? and etc. Maybe one or two members has bought a bar that they are happy about?

I thought about writing this because another new member has put a thread on with a recommendation. http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...esome-reclaimed-wood-magnetic-knife-bar-maker Yes, it is a very nice one but is 15 inches and too short for me. I also want wood for protection and no scratching of the blades.

Thanks for your help!

See my recent post a couple up about a furniture maker in San Diego that makes them. Awesome! Contact him via etsy to see if he can do the size you need. Mine is 18 inches and amazing.

keegan

See my recent post a couple up about a furniture maker in San Diego that makes them. Awesome! Contact him via etsy to see if he can do the size you need. Mine is 18 inches and amazing.

keegan

Yes, thanks. I already put the link to your thread above and of course I looked. As I said the bars are 15 inches, because that is what each link on the website says. But you could order a 18 inch bar from him? Hmm... it could be good, and very nice bars, but his are also just a little expensive maybe.

Benchcraft Magbloc 18",48.00 for several types of wood.I have 2 of them mags are strong,they work fine for me.

Thanks to Theory and keithsaltydog. Yes, those look nice and I think a pretty good price. And 18" too. I already ordered one!

Latest posts

Back