Credit Card Knife, anyone ever used one?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notaskinnychef

Reaction score
Hi all, was wondering if anyone here has ever bought/used one of these things:

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B008RST9YA/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

They are only 13 grams and 2.2mm so certainly handy for having around in your wallet. Granted this would not be advisable to have while boarding a plane or something ofc but I am interested to see what you all think since having a small and lightweight utility knife for random things here and there sounds like a good idea :knight:

Ebay sells them cheaper than amazon but thought I would use that link as a reference. Thanks for your input.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess they might be good for opening packets and stuff. I can't really think of a use for them that something else wouldn't do better, other than the fact that you could pretty much always have it with you.

Definitely just for convenience, this won't be the best at anything but it's nice to always have something on ya

I have one. Rarely, rarely use it, as I carry a carbon opinel in my pocket to work, and a spyderco outside of work...but, when I do use it, I'm sure glad I have it!

It really is compact, and folds nicely. In hand its not too comfortable, but in a pinch it works....

[video=youtube;CiPeuWzQ1Pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiPeuWzQ1Pk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Sometimes I can't believe I watch this crap, lol. Interesting little EDC though.

I want an american express black card just so I can sharpen it to a razor sharp edge. :)

I want an american express black card just so I can sharpen it to a razor sharp edge. :)

And watch the cashier slice their palm open? Not sure if psycho or genius... haha

basically I am wanting either this or maybe a victorinox swiss card. Lord knows this is not something I will use frequently, and the cardsharp isn't a great blade, but being so small and portable, I am still leaning towards it

Weird but pretty cool. I wonder if you you can actually sharpen them. :D

Well i gave in and bought one, 18 bucks shipped, i will let people know how it is once i get it. For some reason I find myself coming back to that knife so i decided to buy it instead of other slightly larger wallet sized accessories.

Back